Help? :)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
kedogn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
  Quote kedogn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help? :)
    Posted: 22 Nov 2008 at 11:09am
I am trying to set up a wireless web cam to use on my web site for our lights this year.  The problem is that it works just great for me locally and I cant test it outside of my network (while I am at home, obviously).  Could y'all try the following URL and let me know if you get anything?

http://leefamily1.dlinkddns.com:1024/

You have to be using IE for it to work though.

Thanks!

BOOMER SOONER!

Lee Family Lights
bdkeen View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2008 at 3:49pm
It's working for me.  I'nm still toying with this idea but don't know how to stream the audio with the camera. I've got an Axis 205 camera I can use for video. But, for me, the video without the sound doesn't make much sense.
Comporder1 View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote Comporder1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2008 at 4:35pm
It's working here in MS. :)
kedogn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote kedogn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2008 at 5:27pm
WOOHOO!!

I agree about the sound... but this is just 1 more way to share the lights, not that ours are that great, but family in Oklahoma want to see them and while I will post videos of a few sequences, this is just that 1 more thing that people can see live :)

Thanks for testing that, I appreciate it :)
BOOMER SOONER!

Lee Family Lights
bdkeen View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2008 at 6:04pm
I've been looking at the cameras that have audio input on them - figured maybe one of them with a small radio ear jack plugged into it might do the trick. But still might setup the one I have and see how it works.
kedogn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote kedogn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2008 at 8:00pm
The MS Life Cam that I have is a great one, with really good audio built in... but its not wireless.  I still wouldnt know how to do that even if this one had audio, how to show the lights and the audio at the same time, since I dont broadcast audio outside... even if I did, there would be a matter of syncing it via the cam also... probably wouldnt go exact, so that it wouldnt look/sound as good either, cause I know that most cams hve a few sec delay, videa wise.
BOOMER SOONER!

Lee Family Lights
bdkeen View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2008 at 5:15pm

Was that you out there stringing lights around 4 PM? Shocked

Sure looks warmer there. Did ya have the feeling you were being watched? LOL

kedogn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote kedogn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2008 at 9:59am
Twas me... I was outside yesterday from 11am until just after 4pm, back out just after 5pm until almost 6pm when it got so cold I gave up :)  Got the lower section of my yard almost done (got to get my Merry Christmas sign attached to my rock wall and a couple small things), gotta get my windows done and a few others, but I got a bundle done by getting 5 controllers (80 channels), completely plugged in to power and all my items for those channels.

My wife says to me last night before powering on... "How are you going to feel if you flip the switch, and then NOTHING!?"  I told her, "Geez, thanks for putting that thought in my head!"  I knew it wouldn't do that, cause as long as my channels were plugged in right and the system finds those boards, were good to go and after firing up HWU and doing a discovery to see all 7 there I hit "ON" and lit the neighborhood :)

As for being watched, my brother in Oklahoma sends me a text message occasionally to comment on something after seeing me do it to let me know they are watching.  It dont bug me, think it kinda cool really, especially that they are watching.  They were here last year and my brother and newphew helped me hang nearly 7000 lights and got to see the first computerized show I ever did.  This year we are just over 20,000 lights... sure could have used his help :)  Cant complain though, have got lots of help when needed from different friends :)

P.S.. That's my brother with me in my default pic over there.  I'm the one with the Schooner Wagon on my head, we were at the Oklahoma Sooners vs Washington Huskies in Seattle game back in September that he flew out here to go to with me.

Originally posted by bdkeen

Was that you out there stringing lights around 4 PM? Shocked

Sure looks warmer there. Did ya have the feeling you were being watched? LOL

Edited by kedogn - 24 Nov 2008 at 10:04am
BOOMER SOONER!

Lee Family Lights
bdkeen View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2008 at 10:21am
[QUOTE=kedogn] when it got so cold QUOTE]

You were wearing shorts - can't be that cold LOL..   

Did full test here the other night and ran the show for about 3 hours. Found only 2 kinks I had to work out. One sequence related and the other was a surge bar that overloaded and poped the breaker on it when too much stuff was lighting (more extension cords fixed that Big%20smile). 
kevinzane was in the neighborhood for a football game and swung thru to give things a look.

He likes my one radio sign - It's an Alpha BigDOT led display. Hopefully I'll have some video to post after Thanksgiving night when I go live for the season, provided I can withstand the cold while I stand out there and record.
kedogn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote kedogn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2008 at 10:44am
Originally posted by bdkeen

[QUOTE=kedogn] when it got so cold QUOTE]

You were wearing shorts - can't be that cold LOL..   

This annoys my wife... but I wear shorts all the time.. unless the situation says I shouldnt... such as work.  I dont care how cold or how hot it is, I wear shorts.  Funny thing is that when I get cold, its generally my arms and face that get cold, not my legs, so it dont really bother me much until those gt cold, then, um, NOPE :)  I dunno what it was last night, close to freezing (which I know is nothing like y'all back east) but with the moisture in the air, it was just really cold last night :)
BOOMER SOONER!

Lee Family Lights
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>