Music with scheduler

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
bc_34sa View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Online Status: Offline
  Quote bc_34sa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Music with scheduler
    Posted: 22 Nov 2008 at 1:49pm

Hey Guys, Just putting together my schedule for this years show and I was wondering if there is a way to have my lights on with random music playing in the background.

So If I have 20 min of shows, and I want to restart my shows every half hour, could I just have my lights on for the 10 min with random christmas music from my computer? ( like the old Specturm scheduler could) ?
thanks for your help
Jonathan View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2008 at 4:27pm
No.  The scheduler only plays your sequenced shows.  You could always create a sequence using the music you'd like to hear play that consists of all the lights being on, but you'd need to have it as a sequence.  For the "random" effect, you can always select your normal sequences to play a second, third fourth, etc. time within the one show, and select a different "all lights on" sequence to play afterwords. 
Ex: Preshow,1,2,3,[4],[5],1,2,3,[6][7],1,2,3,[8],[9],Endshow.
~Jonathan
bdkeen View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2008 at 6:15pm
Running full blown test, full length show right now. Got thru 19 or 20 sequences and voice over sequences just fine then everything seemed to stop. Not exactly sure what the cause might be.  One sequence ended and the next never started. There's not really any way to tell if the next one loaded into the scheduler or not.

Might be nice to have a 'Playing Now' type display on the calendar or something to indicate what might be going on in the scheduler.  I made a slight mod to the sequence that should have loaded and played, but had to restart the schedule from the beginning. Now waiting about 1 hour till it hits the point where it appeared to stop to see if problem reoccurrs.  Seems to me I had similar problem where schedule just seemed to stop when doing smaller tests but don't recall the events. I'm not at the end time yet so it shouldn't have stoped.

Grabbing at straws I also turned off screen saver even though that shouldn't cause any problems.
Slinkard View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote Slinkard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2008 at 6:33pm

keen,

had that same issue last year (maybe)
If you are running xp use "direct show" option.

That fixed my issue last year anyways,

Slink

Coming soon www.computerizedlights.com
bdkeen View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2008 at 7:09pm
Vista here - Seems to be always at the same sequence.  Sequence alone works fine.  both in scheduler and Aurora.

Interesting - the audio file somehow causing what appeard to be a stop in the schedule.  And yse it was a .WAV file.  Took same file and converted it to a .mp3, switched the file in properties - Now everything works.  My best guess would be that somehow the .wav is being seen as much longer than it really is and the scheduler might not be stopped but it doesn't know it's hit the end of the sequence.  Aurora doesn't see it as any longer than what it should be. I never left the scheduler run more than 5 minutes after the audio ended to see if it was still running and would fire off the next sequence.

.mp3 working just fine and .wav doesn't in this strange instance. - It was reproducable every time I use the sequence with the .wav it appears as if the schedule stops. but same sequence with .mp3 just flows along happily to the next sequence. Has to be something in my audio file causing it since it only happens with just this one.

Edited by bdkeen - 22 Nov 2008 at 9:10pm
 Post Reply Post Reply