Stupid bugs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
BigDPS View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Online Status: Offline
  Quote BigDPS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stupid bugs
    Posted: 14 Oct 2014 at 5:37pm
..and I am not talking about the software bugs. Tonight, while doing burnt LED maintenance, one of the LED's  was deemed non-functional due a tiny maggot like worm. Somehow it had gone across the prongs and shorted out the light. These are the new "replaceable" lights which are nothing but garbage if you ask me. At least with the molded type, it was not prone to any worms or rain problems.

Now on top of that, I have a burnt output somehow. I'm thinking a coupler or triac. Will have to take the board apart this weekend. Sheesh. The pain we have to go through to make a show!
Angry

Edited by BigDPS - 14 Oct 2014 at 5:37pm

LightChristmas View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote LightChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 11:35am
Well, at least you didn't have a swarm of ladybugs fry half of an Acx16.  Going with a different enclosure style this year. "Gingerbread houses" that will hold 6 ACx16 controllers, with an attic fan and soffet vents.

BigDPS View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote BigDPS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 6:04pm
A few years back, I had a slug crawl up inside and park itself across the 3 leads of the triac. It must of been quite a spark/zap cause it made a hole where part of the slug would have been.
I like winter displays for that. Bugs are not to be seen anywhere whereas in the October display, they are looking for a warm residency to occupy for the winter.

Post Reply Post Reply