Aurora Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Aurora Sequencer Software > Aurora 2.0 > Aurora 2 Beta 1 (1.999.300 / 1.999.307)
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Channels stuck in visualizer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
DisZip View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
  Quote DisZip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Channels stuck in visualizer
    Posted: 21 Oct 2014 at 9:03pm

I just started to test switching from Aurora 1 to the 2 beta, as I am adding/switching to DMX.

I converted a sequence from 1 to 2, and the first bug I have encountered is with the visualizer.  The first run everything is fine, but if I stop playback, then restart at the beginning, initially all the channels that were on when I stopped, are on when I restart - and stay on until such a point in the sequence as those lights are turned on then off, at which point those channels continue to work as expected.

Has anyone else seen that?

BTW - This is on a freshly installed Win7 Ultimate 64-bit.
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2014 at 12:55pm
This is confirmed as an issue with the current beta and occurs within Aurora Sequencer (but not Borealis Scheduler).  It is the result of incomplete blanking code and options.  Previous (Aurora 1) blanking code was removed during the development of Aurora 2 in order to support multiple simultaneous instances of sending to the lights, triggered events, a different visualizer source, etc. and the replacement blanking didn't make it into the beta.  There are also some cases where the visualizer may fail to function until a reset is issued from the Universes menu.

Michael
DisZip View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote DisZip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 11:39am
Thanks. Is this on the fix list for this season or is there an easy workaround when sequencing?
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2014 at 2:52pm
The easiest workaround is to do a "Restart Universes" from the "Universes" menu.

Michael
DisZip View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote DisZip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2014 at 1:21pm
Doing the reset universes does not seem to unstick channels in the visualizer. Right now I have to jump to the end of the sequence, run the last few seconds, then go back to the start and run it.

It is particularly bothersome when highlighting a section of the sequence and playing.

I am thinking about sequencing in the old Aurora, then converting it into 2.0, if there is no other fix for this.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2014 at 7:32am
A workaround is to leave "send to lights" enabled while visualizing (obviously with your actual lights disconnected from your adapter).  When send to lights is enabled the blanking acts as expected.  We'll fix the bug before the next beta (this is a priority one for certain), but until then use this workaround.

Michael
 Post Reply Post Reply