Aurora Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Aurora Sequencer Software > Aurora 2.0 > Aurora 2 Beta 1 (1.999.300 / 1.999.307)
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Error: The file could not be opened (code 9)

 Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
DisZip View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 15 Sep 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 13
  Quote DisZip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Error: The file could not be opened (code 9)
    Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 8:45pm
Hi,

I get the error "Error: The file could not be opened (code 9) Aurora will reset" when trying to import a Aurora 1 sequence.

The error comes up after the device mappings dialog.

HELP! This is my biggest and best sequence, and as I have switched to DMX I have no choice but to upgrade to the Aurora 2 beta.

Can anyone help? I can share the DLS and MP3 files.
Back to Top
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group


Joined: 11 Oct 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3187
  Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2014 at 2:58pm
Does this error appear while the device mappings dialog is still visible on the screen, or after you have completed the mappings dialog (it has closed itself) but before the shimmer/twinkle rates dialog appears?  This information will help me determine which file is causing the issues.

Michael
Back to Top
DisZip View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 15 Sep 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 13
  Quote DisZip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2014 at 3:10pm
Michael,

it is after the device mapping has closed but before the shimmer/twinkle dialog.

Let me know if you would like a link to the sequence and mp3 to test.

Thanks,

-Howard
Back to Top
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group


Joined: 11 Oct 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3187
  Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2014 at 7:12am
Try this:

After a reboot (but before starting Aurora), delete the file "RemapChannels.csv" from your Aurora folder.  After deleting that file your sequence should convert.

Michael
Back to Top
DisZip View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 15 Sep 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 13
  Quote DisZip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2014 at 11:38am
Michael,

No dice. I followed the steps as described but got the same Error code 9 as before, at the same place.

I checked and it did then recreate the RemapChannels.csv file.

Thanks,

-Howard
Back to Top
DisZip View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 15 Sep 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 13
  Quote DisZip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 7:32am
Michael,

I finally got it to import. Looking at the RemapChannels.csv file I noticed that the last row was truncated, and that I had a few spare channels in the sequence that were not being used. I used Aurora 1 to edit the original sequence, removing those unused channels, saved it, then tried the import into Aurora 2 and it worked!

Not sure what those unused channels were a problem, I have other sequences with them and they import just fine.

Thanks for your help.

-Howard
Back to Top
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group


Joined: 11 Oct 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3187
  Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 7:34am
Interesting.  In the code, immediately after RemapChannels.csv is created the shimmer/twinkle dialog is displayed.

If you have Excel or some other spreadsheet application, please try opening the RemapChannels.csv file with it.  Let me know if all of your channel mappings are showing up in it correctly or if Aurora has crashed somewhere during its creation.

Michael
Back to Top
DisZip View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 15 Sep 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 13
  Quote DisZip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2014 at 1:23pm
I think our posts crossed. I have this fixed by deleting some unused channels in version 1, then the import would work.

Looking at the csv file in Excel, I noticed the last channel name was truncated.
Back to Top
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group


Joined: 11 Oct 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3187
  Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2014 at 6:53am
Thank you for the report back.  It appears that we have a bug on importing channels that do not contain any events.  I don't think that we tested that case before Beta 1, so that doesn't surprise me.  I'm adding it to the list.

Michael
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Bulletin Board Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 9.06
Copyright ©2001-2007 Web Wiz

This page was generated in 0.032 seconds.