scheduler

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
bdkeen View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Online Status: Offline
  Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2008 at 9:24pm
I'm having the same problem that the schedule just keeps right on looping.  10PM is the end of my schedule.  I thought it was supposed to complete  the currently playing sequence then drop out and run the 'Run Once' at end.  10PM came and went. Sequences in loop list keep right on playing and Borealis never exited the loop to play the closing sequence. Had to manully stop the schedule.

My loop is about 2 hours in length but if Borealis is supposed to complete the currently playing sequence and exit the loop at the scheduled time  the length of the loop shouldn't really matter.
Jonathan View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2008 at 11:26pm
The scheduler will go through the rest of the loop first, not just stop after the song it's currently on.  So if your show ends at 10:00pm, and the first song of your 2 hour loop happens to be playing at 9:59pm, then at 11:59pm when the entire loop ends the scheduler will play your final end sequence.  On the other hand, if your 10:00pm end time approaches, and your last loop song (say 2 minutes) at 9:59 starts, then at 10:01 when that last song in the loop is done playing, your end of show sequence will play and then it's light off. 
~Jonathan
TheQueb View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote TheQueb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2008 at 4:24am
Originally posted by Jonathan

The scheduler will go through the rest of the loop first, not just stop after the song it's currently on.  So if your show ends at 10:00pm, and the first song of your 2 hour loop happens to be playing at 9:59pm, then at 11:59pm when the entire loop ends the scheduler will play your final end sequence.  On the other hand, if your 10:00pm end time approaches, and your last loop song (say 2 minutes) at 9:59 starts, then at 10:01 when that last song in the loop is done playing, your end of show sequence will play and then it's light off. 

Not that I do but if I had 150 songs in my playlist, if I understand you correctly, scheduler would finish playing ALL 150 of them before playing the end of night sequence and shutting down the show?  My show wouldn't shut off until morning?!?!?
80 D-Light-ful Channels
Southeast Texas Lights
D-Light Users
bdkeen View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2008 at 7:59am
There's only 37 not 150 LOL.  But thanks - Guess I need to rethink how I'm looping and split into multiple schedules. Run 1 loop for the first 4 hours then a shorter loop for the last 30 minutes.

Might be nice if the time check was done at the end of each sequence rather than the end of the loop. In that way one could exit the loop close to when the clock=end of schedule. Wouldn't necessarily be on the same sequence every time but would be close to the intended end of schedule without interrupting the currently playing sequence.
baelinc View Drop Down

Quote baelinc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2008 at 8:28am
Logan's fix fixed mine for me... My show went off around 11:02pm
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2008 at 11:13am
Originally posted by bdkeen

Might be nice if the time check was done at the end of each sequence rather than the end of the loop.

I think it used to be but we probably broke something during the past year.  I'll put it back the way it was for the next version, but I do not have an ETA at this time.
Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2008 at 11:58am
Oh, really? I asked that a while ago, and was told that it's always been an "end of loop" thing. I'd rather have end of song as well.
Of course I'd like a random playlist too, but that's just me.
Fine. You're so smart you rig up the lights.
D-Light users Unite!
bdkeen View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2008 at 11:59am
I thought that's the way it was supposed to work and believe it did in some testing I did somewhere around v 0.6. 
I figured a work around that appears it will work by splitting into 3 schedules. Pre-show music only sequence(makes 1 pass), large loop (makes 2 passes totalling 4 hrs 5 minutes), then a shorter loop (~26 min) that should only make 1 pass and do the nightly closing as a Run Once.

Will run another full test tonight and see if this will work ok - preliminary testing indicates it might.

Jonathan View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2008 at 12:49pm
If you have 150 songs, simply create two shows that run right after each other, the second being for 15 minutes.  When the second one is scheduled to start, the first one will continue until the loop is finished.  Once the first show finishes (say 15 minutes into the second show's start time), then the second show will begin.  All you need to do is have 16 minutes worth of songs in the loop for your second show, so that when the end time hits, it will play one song until the closing sequence.  So long as the loop from the first show doesn't end past the end time for the second show, you'll be fine. 
~Jonathan
bdkeen View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2008 at 1:01pm
Originally posted by Jonathan

If you have 150 songs 
37 not 150. If I had 150 I'd be totally brain dead from all the sequencing.

I've split into 3 schedules:
1. 30 minute pre-show music only - 1 30 minute .dls file (5:00 - 5:15)
2. 37 music sequences and ~8 voice-over sequences 122:35 min for 1 pass, x2 = 245:10 min (5:30 - 9:30)
3. ~26 minutes of music and voice -over sequences (9:30 - 10:00)

Tested and this seems to be working ok. Should finish in the 10:00 to 10:15 timeframe.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>