scheduler

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
TheQueb View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
  Quote TheQueb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2008 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by baelinc

Logan's fix fixed mine for me... My show went off around 11:02pm

Hey Logan! Fix mine! Fix mine!

Seriously though, I'm curious why you would ever WANT borealis to "finish your loop" before checking the end time?  Seems to me that if users schedule their shows to shut down at 10pm, they'd WANT it to shut down as soon after that as possible. ie after the current sequence and then after the end of show sequence...  I'm working on songs throughout the season and don't want to have to recalculate song lengths any time I add a new sequence to the show.

Edited by TheQueb - 27 Nov 2008 at 12:40pm
80 D-Light-ful Channels
Southeast Texas Lights
D-Light Users
bdkeen View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2008 at 9:28pm

Ran 2 nights now after splitting to 3 loops.  Starts 5 PM on the dot (PC set to NTP) and finished 10:06 2 nights in a row perfectly.  Haven't seen the scheduler actualy go to a 'stop' condition even though the loop finishes and 'run once' closing plays..  Have actually seen the loop restart if I leave it unattended for several minutes. (made minor adjustment in schedule of final loop to see if this will correct)

Still really just a workaround by splitting into multiple loops so for me fixing the schedule isn't really critical at this time. I'm sure it'll get fixed during an upcoming release as Logan mentioned..

Edited by bdkeen - 27 Nov 2008 at 9:29pm
TheQueb View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote TheQueb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2008 at 7:46am
So what do you do?  Put a number of songs into a number of schedules to occur at the same time? Like every loop runs between 5:30 and 10:00?  Or do you set it up where some run from 5:30 to 8:00, then another 8:00 to 9:30, then another from 9:30 to close and your end sequence on the last one and start sequence on the first?

Edit for one more question... Did the scheduler workaround from last year (the one that helped out with the Spectrum scheduler problems) work this way or did it end the show at the right time and play the closing sequence?

Edited by TheQueb - 28 Nov 2008 at 7:48am
80 D-Light-ful Channels
Southeast Texas Lights
D-Light Users
bdkeen View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2008 at 8:57am

My show runs from 5:10 - 10:00 pm with 30 minutes of music only that starts at 5:00 PM.

So my schedule looks like this:
5:00- 5:15 - Pre-show music sequence
5:30 - 9:30 - Loop 1 (37 sequences and voice-over sequences, makes 2 passes of the loop and ends about 9:34)
9:30 - 10:00 - Loop 2 and the Run Once nightly closing voice-over (just over 26 minutes of sequences)

I couldn't speak about Spectrum. I have it but never really used it, just could never get the hang of sequencing with it.

Edited by bdkeen - 28 Nov 2008 at 8:59am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123