need some help!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
breakbenj View Drop Down
Pre-Order User
Pre-Order User

Online Status: Offline
  Quote breakbenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: need some help!!!!
    Posted: 26 Nov 2008 at 9:02pm
I have put up all the lights and hooked them to the right channels but it seems that controller 1 is the only one receiving commands and controller 2 just provides power but does not make the lights do anything, I tested this by creating a sequence that turned each channel on for 15 seconds and the channels on the first conroller turned the lights on when they were supposed to but they also turned on random channels on the second controller and when the sequence got to the point where the second controller's channels are nothing turned on. All I can think of is a data cable problem in which the second contoller does not get commands from the first.
Jeff

LightChristmas View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote LightChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2008 at 9:36pm
Yup. Cable is a good first place to look. Second is make sure your channel addressing is kosher and not set for NETWORK 2 or something.

bdkeen View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2008 at 10:56pm
Might also insure that the device ID is set unique for both controllers and for some reason you don't have 2 controllers on the same id.
breakbenj View Drop Down
Pre-Order User
Pre-Order User

Quote breakbenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2008 at 9:32am
Thanks I will check both of those issues after thanksgiving dinner and if the channel adresses and device id are correct it has to be the data cable right?
Jeff

LightChristmas View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote LightChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2008 at 10:07am
One would think so.

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your (our) philosophy.Wink

Post Reply Post Reply