Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Sending lights to controller

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
need2hug View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote need2hug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sending lights to controller
    Posted: 28 Nov 2008 at 10:17pm
Hello

I have 3 d-light acx16s. I have put them together and did the test and all seems ok. I am having trouble getting the show i created to go to the lights/controller.

For the purpose of learning, right now I only have 1 controller connected to my computer. Can anyone help me? I figure that it has something to do with configuring the device settings. I have assigned the connected controller to be unit # 3.

Thanks for any help

Chris
camdebuck View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote camdebuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2008 at 1:48am
Have you gone into the "Settings-> Serial Configuration" at the top fo the menu and add the network settings?

You'll want the Network option to be set to 1 and the Comport setting to match what you use when testing your controllers with the Hardware Utility from D-Light.

Leave the rest of the settings at the defaults (data rate at 56000).

Once you've done that, just make sure that when you add your controller/channels in Aurora that you set the correct device to match your controller, the network to be 1 and the Device # to match what you set using the Hardware utility.

Once you've done that, it should work just fine using either the sequencer or the scheduler.  Oh ya, when trying to test using the sequencer, make sure you click on the light bulb to send it out to the lights (it should turn red).  If you don't do that, it will only show on your computer.

Hope that helps.
 Post Reply Post Reply