Learn your pasting events!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
deweycooter View Drop Down
Development
Development

Online Status: Offline
  Quote deweycooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Learn your pasting events!!
    Posted: 11 Dec 2007 at 3:30pm
Everybody sequences a bit differently, but one thing that we can agree on is that copy/paste operations save a TON of time.  Aurora has some very handy pasting operations to save you time and ensure that your patterns are reproduced accurately, hitting the beats as you like!

When attempting to paste events, you'll see a Paste Options dialog:

- Use the timeline events already on grid
Use this option when I already have the event lines layed out.  For example, you've decided to have some more channels mimic others over a given set of events.

- Preserve the original timing (create new timeline events on the grid as needed)
I often use this one when I've already created one set of events and I need to paste them where I don't have event lines set up.

- Stretch/shrink to fit the size of the highlighted selection area
Use this when you have a set of events that you'd like to paste into a known time span.  Just highlight the cells that you'd like to put the events in, and they'll resize as needed.

- Paste a copy into each individual column that is selected
This is similar to the previous, but it will put the copied pattern into each cell.  This is great when you've got the beat pattern layed out and you know you want the same thing in the next 4 measures.

Lastly, keep in mind that after copying a pattern, you only have to select the top cell(s) of your target.  So if you have 6 columns by 18 rows selected, you only have to click the top left cell of your paste area.  Don't bother wasting time trying to select another 6x18 area.
bdkeen View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2008 at 7:35pm
Copying within a sequence is good and works great..  But what about copying a 'routine' from 1 sequence to another sequence. I haven't yet found a way I might do this. i.e. rotate the mega tree and can use this same routine in numerous sequences, or chase the mini trees in a particular pattern that could be used in numerous sequences. I'm thinking of adding arches too - there's only so many ways to manipulate arches and I would think the same 'arch routine'  might be useful in more than 1 sequence.
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2008 at 8:49pm
It's on the to-do list.  It might make 1.0 or might become part of 1.1
pmcdaniel View Drop Down
Pre-Order User
Pre-Order User

Quote pmcdaniel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2008 at 8:30pm
Is pasting from one sequence to another still on the to-do list for 1.1?
ChrisL1976 View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote ChrisL1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2008 at 9:51pm
Originally posted by LightsOnLogan

It's on the to-do list.  It might make 1.0 or might become part of 1.1

I'd love to see a Pattern menu like Spectrum had......
Chris

www.lightsonsixth.com
pmcdaniel View Drop Down
Pre-Order User
Pre-Order User

Quote pmcdaniel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2008 at 6:33am
Yes, I looked at Spectrum again, that is exactly what I was talking about.  I had several standard mega tree and 8 channel mini tree spins that i put together for several songs.
 Post Reply Post Reply