Beta download??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Comporder1 View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Comporder1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Beta download??
    Posted: 11 Dec 2007 at 4:46pm
I guess that area was not supposed to be available to me earlier!! Sorry!!

Well, here are my observations:

After playing/learning with it for the past hour or so, the first thing I can say is it IS XP x64 STABLE!! That was a great concern of mine. A few negatives I noticed right off is:

1) the inability to place the CTI(current time indicator) You cannot start the sequence in the middle of the song without click and dragging.
2) the space bar does not stop and start (sometimes I can double hit the space bar to make it start, but not stop)
3) no scroll bars (the arrow tool takes care of this, but a still a bit akward)
4) I can't seem to find a way to set the shortcut keys. The recent commands section to the right at first seemed to take care of this, but was baffled when it started changing! (hence the term recent I guess!) Just as I started remembering what the keys were for, I used one of the tools at the top and all of the shortcut keys moved.

I would think that these would be easy implementations. All in all, Aurora seems to be a sleek sequencing machine!! Not alot of extras. I haven't tried outputing to lights or using the scheduler.

You can see my spectrum feature request concerning how I belive a sequencer should feel here - http://www.d-light.us/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=505#p2402
Thank you ruggers92 for deciding that the software is just as important to this hobby as the hardware!

Thanks
Carey
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2007 at 5:28pm

Yes... there was a brief (1 hour) period in which the download link was visible to the general public (due to my not setting up the new forum properly... doh!).  That of course has been remedied!  If you have pre-ordered the software you will receive email instructions on how to gain access to the support forum.

#s 1, 2 are known issues on the list to fix before 1.0.  #3 is a paradigm shift... not only is there the arrow tool, but you can also use the arrow keys on the keyboard to move around without changing tools (the mouse needs to be over the editor grid to do this).  Adding scrollbars as a third option would take up unnecessary sequence space in the editor given the other options (I personally rarely use the arrow tool as I prefer the arrow keys).  I will take #4 into consideration.

Aurora will remain x64 stable and is regularly tested in house on an XP x64 machine.

Edited by LightsOnLogan - 11 Dec 2007 at 5:30pm
deweycooter View Drop Down
Development
Development

Quote deweycooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2007 at 6:32pm
* donning ruggers92 cap *
You just heard from the developer - I am but a beta tester.  :)  I hope you enjoy working with Aurora. 

Signed,
another x64 user
peteandvanessa View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote peteandvanessa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2007 at 8:28pm
Ok I just bit the bullet and ordered the pre-order S/W.

Myself and my friend are running the christmas show on his house (reddwarfUSA).

We are running the D-light scheduler but are experiencing a few issues. So I plan to convert about 6 sequences (once I get the Beta download location) into Aurora and use the Aurora scheduler to play all 6 sequences on 3 XAC16's.

I'll report back my findings Big%20smile
DMX
DMX

Quote Comporder1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2007 at 9:41pm
Originally posted by deweycooter

* donning ruggers92 cap *
You just heard from the developer - I am but a beta tester.  :)  I hope you enjoy working with Aurora. 

Signed,
another x64 user

Sorry! I am still trying to figure everone out at fileswappers and here. Most everyone is envolved in d-light forums too, but the names aren't matching up! I kinda like having just one call name. Anyway, your post to fileswappers made it sound like you were the developer - "it does what I want it to do."
DMX
DMX

Quote Comporder1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2007 at 9:57pm
Originally posted by LightsOnLogan

Yes... there was a brief (1 hour) period in which the download link was visible to the general public (due to my not setting up the new forum properly... doh!).  That of course has been remedied!  If you have pre-ordered the software you will receive email instructions on how to gain access to the support forum.

#s 1, 2 are known issues on the list to fix before 1.0.  #3 is a paradigm shift... not only is there the arrow tool, but you can also use the arrow keys on the keyboard to move around without changing tools (the mouse needs to be over the editor grid to do this).  Adding scrollbars as a third option would take up unnecessary sequence space in the editor given the other options (I personally rarely use the arrow tool as I prefer the arrow keys).  I will take #4 into consideration.

Aurora will remain x64 stable and is regularly tested in house on an XP x64 machine.

Michael,

Thanks for the reply and sorry for the props to Dewey Embarrassed

In light of your response to #1&2 and your commitment to x64, I just purchased Aurora. I would hope #4 would make it in there too. I think I can live with #3. Wink

Greetings to the Aurora family!!
Carey
 Post Reply Post Reply