Aurora Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Vault > I'm New From Spectrum And I Need Help!
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSheduler operation

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
polar bear View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote polar bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sheduler operation
    Posted: 07 Dec 2008 at 4:27am
Hi, I am having trouble with the sheduler, I can enter all the nessersary information into the item box then when I click ADD it puts into space 12 even when i have told it 07/12/08, do the numbers on the sheduler represent the dates or are they just numbered spaces.
If I/we over come this hickup can you tell me if you have to have the sequencer open to start or does the sheduler do all that is nessersary to make it all happen?
Any help will be greatly appreciated, Thank you.Confused
ChrisL1976 View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote ChrisL1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2008 at 6:33am
Welcome to the forum!!
The numbers represent the starts and end dates for your show.
Date format for scheduler is month/day/year    12/07/08
You currently you just have to open scheduler to get it to work.
Are you located in the US?

Edited by ChrisL1976 - 07 Dec 2008 at 6:43am
Chris

www.lightsonsixth.com
Jonathan View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2008 at 11:57am
The date setup uses the imperial method of MM/DD/YYYY.  Be sure to use all four digits of the year, not just the last two.

Under Settings, Playback Configuration there is an option to autostart the shows when Borealis is opened. 
~Jonathan

Quote polar bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2008 at 1:09am
Hi guy's, first answer, no I live in Australia.
second part  is I will try out the date format, I hope it is something as silly as that.
I will let you know how I go , thank you for your time.

Quote polar bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2008 at 3:54am
Hi again, no luck i am afraid i have put the date in every which way. I dont see how it does it, the connection that is.
I will try to nut it out . if you have any other ideas please feel free to suggest. thank you.
Jonathan View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2008 at 11:26pm
You probably already tried this, but I realized that MM/DD/YYYY is only valid when there are two numbers for the day, like the 11th.  Since the beginning of the month will have 9 days that are a single digit, the scheduler will read 12/9/2008, not 12/09/2008.  Also don't forget to edit the end date as well, and make it later (or the same day as) the start date.

In the meantime, have you properly set up your Serial Network Settings and Playback Settings?  While Borealis will prompt you to fix those settings if something is wrong, in my opinion it's best to have those setup before you try to add shows.
~Jonathan
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2008 at 11:14am
We really need to get a working date picker (calendar) control back in there don't we?

Quote polar bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2008 at 10:29pm
Hi, sounds good what does it do and how do you do it ?. It would appear that every time I put the show in, as long as the date is befor the 12th december it will write it to the 12th december , but that is the only day any thing else beyond and it will not appear, I really am looking forward to the 12th as the lights might be rocking all night.

Quote polar bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2008 at 3:39am
Hi again, I would like to report a resounding success, i decided to delete every thing and reload the program, i then followed all your tip's and YE HA she works a treat , thank you all for your help it's good to know that you are there. have a happy christmas HO  HO  HOSmile
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2008 at 12:18pm
I'm glad it is working for you!

Older versions of Aurora used to have a minature calendar (the "date picker control") that would pop up on the date fields.  It was as simple as clicking on the day on the calendar (which also made international usage much easier).  Vista users were having problems with this control so we had to switch it out for old fashioned keybaord entry until we could rewrite the date picker for Vista.  This is what I was referring to needing to get back in place.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>