Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Scheduler error 457

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
bmpaul View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote bmpaul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Scheduler error 457
    Posted: 07 Dec 2008 at 6:50pm

Today I had some test shows running to see if the scheduler would really re-start after getting to the end of a show because it always says its running the previous show after all the lights are off and the end time is past. It did, but then I discovered a new problem tonight. I was watching a couple sequences and realized that it was playing the sequence to one song and the audio from another one. I never changed anything in the sequencer, I just had a different order in the shows I tried today.

When I figured out this problem tonight I figured I would just take this song out of the loop and play the other five. Now I am getting an error when I try to start the Scheduler. I uninstalled the sequencer, rebooted, installed it, and then rebooted again ( I'm no computer expert so I figured re-booting more would be better than not enough). The error says Aurora encountered and unexpected error and will now reset.  Debugging Information 457 : This key is already associated with an element of this collection. Aurora.Scheduler.Initialize.0   Aurora.Scheduler.Initialize.1

The thing I think is strange is when I re-installed the sequencer and opened one of the sequences. My sequences were still there. I figured when I removed the program they would have been gone with it. I have them all saved on one of those USB drive things for back up. This error pops up as soon as I open the Scheduler, I never get to the calender page, it stops at the aurora picture.
Jonathan View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2008 at 7:29pm
You uninstalled Aurora via the control panel, correct?

Also, please include details about your operating system (XP, Vista, memory, etc.) as well as the version you were using when you encountered the error and the version you were using when you reinstalled Aurora. 

Edited by Jonathan - 07 Dec 2008 at 7:38pm
~Jonathan
bmpaul View Drop Down

Quote bmpaul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2008 at 11:06pm
I originally uninstalled from the control panel. After I posted about my problem I went back and found that there was still some items left in the Aurora Sequencer file. I copied my sequences file and deleted the rest, rebooted and then reinstalled the aurora sequencer version 1.0.32. and my problems are fixed. The Scheduler opens without any problems and the sequence that was playing the wrong audio went back to the way it should be.

Here is some of my computer information if you still want it to help figure out why this error came up. I am running Windows XP, I have a 2.0 GHz AMD Sempron prossessor and 896 MB of RAM. I don't know all that much about computers so if you need more information let me know and where I can find it would be helpful too.
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2008 at 8:39am

Due to a small bug, Borealis will not allow you to edit a show while the scheduler is in "started" mode.  Doing so results in the 457 error.  Workaround: don't do this... always stop Borealis with the red "Stop" button before editing the schedule.

There is also another very small bug in the Borealis doesn't update the status bar to indicate that the show has finished.  It really has finished, it just doesn't say that it has finished.

Regarding the audio files out of order, this is also a symptom of editing a show while the schedule is running.  Simply closing and reopening Borealis will straighten this out (there is no need to reinstall, etc.)
onewish1 View Drop Down

Quote onewish1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2010 at 9:56pm
I am having the same problem with a new computer I am using.. it was fine until I tried to set up the show schedule to run.. start up the program and get this error now
 Post Reply Post Reply