Cat found at display

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
  Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cat found at display
    Posted: 08 Dec 2008 at 9:58am
Well... last night Karetha and I were fixing some odds and ends with the display just prior to the show starting.  While doing so we discovered a cat which appears to have been abandoned (I'm hoping it wasn't just dropped at our display).

Every indication is that this cat was an indoor cat which knew nothing about the outdoors and had not eaten in a couple days.  We brought him inside and are gradually aquainting him and our existing cat.  He appears to be litter box trained (has used it twice) but keeps having accidents elsewhere due to the stress of the new environment (and the presence of the other cat).  The "abandonment syndrome" is evident... can't leave the same room for a second without yowling starting. 

It's going to be a tough couple days getting work done here, as I have to keep the two of them seperated while I work, which necessitates alternating who gets shut in a room while the other wanders the house (and when it's the new ones turn to wander, many distractions while the "house rules" are established).  I think I'll be moving the ornaments higher up the tree tonight as to not instigate curiosity (we broke our existing cat of that habit a few years ago)!
bdkeen View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2008 at 12:36pm
Only 'cat' I've seen wander around our display is the furry kind with the white stripe down the back.
Don't pet the kitty! Dead - Sure hope it doesn't get too startled when the lights suddenly flash on.
Have a squirrel or two that seem to like the arches and have been burying nuts where the arches meet the ground.
LightChristmas View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote LightChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2008 at 12:48pm
No varmints here thanks to my Daisy Red Ryder repeating carbine with a compass in the stock and a thing that tell time!LOL

Jonathan View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2008 at 11:51pm
That's a great story.  I remember many years ago when my kitty adopted us a day or two after Christmas.  Because it was on a cold winter night, I named her Winter.  Choose a name yet for Mr. Kitty?  (I say you go with "Shimmer").  Before you get too attached, be sure to put up found cat signs and maybe include an announcement in your display.  If the cat was lost instead of abandoned, the owners are probably worried about him.  At the very least you can say you tried.  What that said, do you have a pic of him?  Let's see the newest member of the family!
~Jonathan
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2008 at 1:53pm
Here's Pumpkin:

Gaurdian of the Lights:

Our other cat "K-Cat" hasn't taken too kindly to the new cat.  We had to seperate them becasue they were getting way too mean with each other.  K-Cat had not eaten in two days and was scared to go near his bowl lest Pumpkin attack him, so we have them in their own regions of the house for now.  We're going to try to reintroduce them very gradually.

Edited by LightsOnLogan - 17 Dec 2008 at 1:54pm
Jonathan View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2008 at 9:42pm
Aww, he looks so sad there in that first shot.  He's so lucky to have found a nice home.  From one animal lover to another, thank you for letting Pumpkin adopt you.  As sad as the circumstances of your first meeting were, I'm glad to see he's doing so well.  Star
~Jonathan
 Post Reply Post Reply