Sequencer freezes & error on scheduler

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
wellinge View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
  Quote wellinge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sequencer freezes & error on scheduler
    Posted: 08 Dec 2008 at 9:30pm
Ok, so here's the deal... I'm working over the phone having my sister installing the software and sending her my shows and everything. Here is why, I'm at college and the judges are going to be comming by sooner than I'm comming home     problem eh? Haha I had her download the latest version (build 32 i think it was)of the software and install it.

So let's start with sequencer....

She tries to open a show I sent, and she says it starts to load but when it gets to the loading of the audio I guess the progress bar stops and nothing else happens. She waits a long time and then it stops responding.

Scheduler now...

She's able to create a show, but when she goes to start schedule (green button) it comes up with and error 3709. I tried having her delete that berealis.bat or whatever, but all it did was delete the shows. She remade it and it still has an error!

What makes it even more frustrating is that it works PERFECTLY on my computer! :)

If anyone can help me ASAP it would be appreciated! Thanks
wellinge View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote wellinge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2008 at 10:14pm
Ok correction.... At least to scheduler... When she tries to create a new show her computer freezes and she has to do the whole task manager thing to close it out. But... When she restarts her computer and opens up scheduler the show is there. That's when she tries to start the shows and then gets the error 3709....
Jonathan View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2008 at 10:19pm
1)  Save your sequence on your system with the audio in the default audio directory (c:\program files\aurora sequencer\audio).  
2)  When you send her the audio files, have her put them in C:\program files\aurora sequencer\audio (if Aurora is installed in another spot, have her put it there, just make sure it is in the default audio directory).  This way the sequence will check to see if it has the audio, and when it finds it she will not be prompted to look for it.
3)  Have her open the file in sequencer.  Once it loads correctly, have her save it.
4)  Assuming that the USB driver the RS485 uses is already installed on the show computer (if not, then get and install them), she will need to setup the network and COM settings, and they may be different than on your own computer.  She can find the COM number by connecting to the HW Utility.  The sequencer and scheduler needs to be setup separately. 

Note that if a sequence isn't playable and it generates an error, it's usually because the scheduler can't find something it needs, such as the audio source.  If there are still errors, have her completely uninstall Aurora via the control panel, and then reinstall it. 

Are both computers running the same operating system? 
~Jonathan
wellinge View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote wellinge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2008 at 10:26pm
When I can get a hold of her tonight I'll have her try all this, and yes we both are running vista. The driver for the adapter might be the solution foe the scheduler but not so sure about the sequencer but I'll have her try it.
wellinge View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote wellinge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2008 at 12:50am
ok so i just spent the last hour on the phone with her... as far as the connection between the computer and the controller, thats all fine. We downloaded the hardware utility and could turn the lights on and off and all that jazz from her computer.  So this problem is just with the aurora software (not the controller or connection or anything). 

We made sure that the audio file locations were the same and everything.  We keep getting the error... "The audio/video file specified in the sequence file does not exist on this computer.  Please select a new media file location"  and of course the dialog comes up to choose a new audio file. she tries to pick the one (in the correct location), it has the status bar (like it should when it works fine) but it stops at "Opening File - Extracting Audio From Media File" and freezes.  It kind of looks like an issue with the audio file, but I don't know how to fix it moving from one computer to the next.  Is there a way for her to choose the audio file without even opening the show file?

Another interesting thing, it that when she goes to create a new show, it also freezes up during the "Opening File - Extracting Audio From Media File" phase.

as far as the scheduler goes... i'm kinda guessing if the sequencer can't get the show file working, then definitly the scheduler wont be able to run it.  but i'll explain though what we keep running into...

when she tries to make a new show, it freezes and the had to close out of it.  after a restart of the computer, the show shows up.  The com ports are correct, and connect speed match.  so that shouldn't be a problem.  Then when she goes to click the start scheduler or whatever (the green button) this error shows up:

Aurora encountered and unexpected error and will now reset.  Debugging Information: 3709:  The connection cannot be used to perform this operation.  it is either closed or invalid in this context.  Aurora.Scheduler.FilterSchedule.0 Aurora.Scheduler.Start.4

anymore suggestions?

(we have also tried multiple builds of the software. 25,28,and 32.  All installed after a clean uninstall of the other one.  All having the same problem.)

Edited by wellinge - 09 Dec 2008 at 12:53am
Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2008 at 8:54am
I didn't see a "I had her reboot" note in here. She did reboot after installation, right?
I know that when I get stuck on decompiling, nothing works until reboot.
Fine. You're so smart you rig up the lights.
D-Light users Unite!
Jonathan View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2008 at 9:21am
Ok, so it's definitely an audio issue. 

Since you are communicating long distance, the temptation might be to use an mp3 rather than a wav file.  While Aurora can handle those file types, the various encoding of mp3's can often wreck havoc.  For that reason, when you experience an audio issue you should only use wav format.  If the wav file is too big to e-mail to her, have her use Audacity to export the mp3 as a wav.  The program should not ask you to find the audio file if it's in the defualt director on both computers unless thee is an issue with the file itself.  If you are already using a wav file, try replacing the audio with a clean copy that's saved in Audacity.
~Jonathan
wellinge View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote wellinge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2008 at 10:07am
Yeah I always had her reboot after any type of installation. As soon as she wakes up I'll have her try the wave file. I'll most likely have to change it too right? Because that show will be looking for an mp3 file when I send it to her correct?
wellinge View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote wellinge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2008 at 10:09am
What bit rate and everything does aurora like best? 16 bit... 44000?
Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2008 at 10:22am
I haven't had a single problem with Audacity's default.
32-float and 44,100
Fine. You're so smart you rig up the lights.
D-Light users Unite!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>