Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Online Status: Offline
  Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Videos
    Posted: 08 Dec 2008 at 11:43pm
Have posted a few more vfideos of our 2008 sequences:
Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2008 at 8:58am
So, what's going to be your contest submition???
Fine. You're so smart you rig up the lights.
D-Light users Unite!
bdkeen View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2008 at 9:11am
Originally posted by Pony_God

So, what's going to be your contest submition???

Uncertain if I'll enter - Haven't even really thought about it.  Won't be untill I've stopped 'tweaking' if I do.

I have alot more video to take - Don't feel I have the 'best sequence' recorded - Can only stand out in the cold with the camera for so long before the fingers go numb.
Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2008 at 9:31am
You're still tweaking!? No one tweaks this late! LOL It's not like I have to update everything to add Firefly and the new bars on the ground or anything. Or fix some ramps that I thought were long enough, that AREN'T.

tripod and a hot drink.
But your up in the snow, right? Grab one of those chem. heat packs to put in your pockets.

I think I know what song we're going to submit.... I sequenced it in the least amount of time, but it's by far our favorite.
D-Light users Unite!
Jonathan View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2008 at 1:02pm
Every time, and I mean every single time I have tried to record my shows, some car or another pulls up and stops right in the middle of the street.  Pinch  The few times that hasn't happened, my memory card became full before I could record the show!  I even tried to record it late at night, and still a car was there.  I should have video within a few months at this rate! LOL
~Jonathan
ChrisL1976 View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote ChrisL1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2008 at 1:23pm
Best time I've found....and I'm not a morning person, but get up about 4am and run your show  and record it then.   Not many people out at 4am
Chris

www.lightsonsixth.com
Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2008 at 1:25pm
Just get some kids to play in the street out of frame.
D-Light users Unite!
peteandvanessa View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote peteandvanessa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2008 at 7:39pm
That talking Santa is friggin awesome!!!!
bdkeen View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2008 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by peteandvanessa

That talking Santa is friggin awesome!!!!

If you mean our big rope light talking snowman Thanks!   Made from pvc pipe and pvc water tubing... One of my walks through Lowes plumbing department with an idea in my head, combine that with a couple strands of old rope lights (some that used to light on our deck and others folks threw in the trash)
I wasn't too sure about it at first but it came out better than I thought it might, and it's become one of the hits in the display. - Sequencing gets pretty sloppy looking because mouth movements oftentimes are no where close to the musical beat.
kedogn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote kedogn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2008 at 11:49am
Originally posted by Pony_God

You're still tweaking!? No one tweaks this late! LOL

OMG!  I literally almost fell out of my chair laughing at this comment! Thank you!  I have so much still to do.  The "Tour Of Lights" for our local paper gets announced on Sunday, so I got a couple hours today to do some stuff before I have to go to Oklahoma tomorrow for my Mom's memorial service on Friday, then we are home Sunday, work Mon-Tues, then I can really jump in and start tweaking, and that's what, a week before Christmas?? :)

Between my Mom passing on the 2nd, D-Light not updating the firmware as they said they were going to for the ACx16's and working more than I usually do this time of the year, I almost feel as if I have missed, or am missing, this years lighting season.  I did 1 thing to try and fix a problem I was having and encountered other problems now.  All I did was change the direction of the controllers, I made what was my last one, my first one and so on so my first is now my last and while it fixed the issues I was having with the then last controller, it created several other issues.  Gotta say that people are just amazed by the lights, but *I* know they arent working right, so even if I only get 1 week of them working right before Christmas, I am gonna keep on keeping on.
BOOMER SOONER!

Lee Family Lights
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>