Videos

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
  Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2008 at 5:22pm
Edited above post... I shouldn't post things when I'm on my way out the door (I posted the internal IP instead of the external one).  I'll fix the DNS later tonight (I have to pull down the Cisco configuration first before updating the DNS A record)
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2008 at 6:47pm
Ok... I've added the A record for media.  Long story, but that one was lost during the July DNS server meltdown.  Those who tried earlier and couldn't find the server will probably have to wait until the TTL expires before your ISP will pick up the updated DNS record (just use the IP address version in the meantime).
Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2008 at 8:12pm
OOOoooooo..... Pretty Fireflys.....
Very nice.
Fine. You're so smart you rig up the lights.
D-Light users Unite!
Slinkard View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote Slinkard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2008 at 8:19pm
or you could ipconfig /flushdns

looks good!

Coming soon www.computerizedlights.com
bdkeen View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2008 at 10:07pm
I've been waiting to see something with FireFlys that really showed them good.....  OOOOooooo...Ahhhhhh....Pretty! Clap
ChrisL1976 View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote ChrisL1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2008 at 10:23pm
ok......that is just freaking cool.
Chris

www.lightsonsixth.com
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2008 at 9:01am
I'm considering changing the purple color in the Fireflies near the end (the color that hops in between times the mega does something) to orange instead.  Going from one color with a heavy blue component to another of the same doesn't have the impact I was looking for.  That is, if I ever get the pixels working again.

Sometime I will write up a howto on the VU meter arches which were entirely constructed with W2E.
Jonathan View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2008 at 1:40pm
Fireflies with W2E?  I only accomplished that when my firefly unit reset itself to ID 1 and received commands accidentally. 
~Jonathan
bdkeen View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2008 at 3:44pm

2 more videos:

Smile Our singing snowman.

1.5 hours into tonight's show and I think the most popular question from visitors is "How'd you get the lights syncronized to that radio station?" LOL.. I tell them it's all part of 'The Magic of Christmas'

Edited by bdkeen - 21 Dec 2008 at 6:08pm
Jonathan View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2008 at 10:56pm
I get that too.  I tell folks that the strands absorb the wavelength from the sound waves because the LED's require so little power to run.  It's really hard to keep a straight face after that when the person responds like they actually understand how that "works".  LOL

You know, that snowman is quickly becoming my favorite element in your show.  Looks great in White Christmas!
~Jonathan
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>