Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

1.0.41 (1.1 preview release 3) is here!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Pony_God View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2008 at 7:27pm
I don't think that I saw the short ramps turn into blinks last night...
Yes, I did open and save each sequence in .41.
I did not play the sequence before Borealis's schelue played though.

Today I didn't get to test because I was putting up the last mega arch, and then we were out too late. I'll try to see if the short ramps that I missed blink tomarow.
Fine. You're so smart you rig up the lights.
D-Light users Unite!
Jonathan View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2008 at 8:26pm
The 'pop' effect is working fine in my show.  Thumbs%20Up
~Jonathan
bdkeen View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2008 at 8:32pm
I've definitely seen the refresh points working Thumbs%20Up

Now - getting a play list or PC radio to play is pretty good.  But - How do you get everything to stop when the lights go out (show over and closing sequence played) and you want silence..   In the testing I've done and on first show night after 1.0.41 Borealis never stops..  When I used the non-show audio option, once the show is over and the run-once closing sequence plays, it just goes back to playing the non-show stuff. Status bar shows waiting for next show. Never enters the stop state and ends.

This is ok if you have breaks of audio only between show schedules, but sooner or later you might want to shutdown. Or if you don't have breaks between schedules things never shutdown and end - From what I can determine it appears you're stuck in a endless loop until you manually click the Stop button or close the application.

I really like how the play list option works but had to abandon the thought of using it at this time because of the inability to end without manual intervention.

Edited by bdkeen - 13 Dec 2008 at 8:37pm
LightChristmas View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote LightChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2008 at 10:31pm
Those planck-time ramps are soooo much smoother now!LOL

Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2008 at 9:20am
??? My ramps are actually worse... I'm having problems with .2 ramps now with both Aurora and Borealis. I've opened the sequence, saved it, played it, closed it, opened it, played it, closed it, Borealis ran it, closed that, opened again in Aurora, played it... Same thing. .2sec ramp-outs don't show on the mega arch.

And... I did have an error. I had an area high-light to play, I was zoomed in ll the way looking at the .2sec ramp and I hit play. It started to do the compile thing, then errored out with a "could not load picture" error.
I could not find the error log for the exact error, and I could not reproduce.
D-Light users Unite!
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2008 at 9:16am

Nothing was changed for any ramps shorter than 0.17 seconds, so I'm not sure why you would be having any problems with 0.2 ramps.  Since you are having problems though, just switch back to your old file that you backed up (the ramp changes are made at compile time, not during playback, so the old file will play identical to the way it did in 0.32/0.33.

Do note that there are still outstanding issues with ramps in the 0.17 to 0.5 range on the ACx16 1.15 beta firmware.  If you happen to be running that version (for the low load fix) you might want to look there.
Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2009 at 8:18pm

Alright... So I'm starting to work on our 2009 light placement and quickly remembered agravating places within Aurora.

There's a single issue (that cascade to a few issues) that drove me insane... The Stuck open window, then the following unable to open anything because I'm stuck "decompiling".

I'll start by saying that I added a new "controller", then went and started to draw. I drew 7 C9 lines (one per channel), then Aurora just closed. No error, no warning, no backup, no beep, just gone.

Okay, so I started over, all's well, Then I went to rename a channel from "1/11/10" to "1/11/10 - Garage 1" but I accidentally put in an "=" so I arrowed over to the = and put a -. Then the edit window was stuck open. Couldn't get it to close.
After killing Aurora though process manager, I'm stuck loading anything. This time I'm stuck at "Opening Table: Events".

Hopefully we can get this fixed, it's the only thing that's obnoxiously annoying in the software and the only real bug that I have.

Now I have to reboot and loose all of my work stuff that's up.
D-Light users Unite!
Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2009 at 8:43pm
AAAAHHHHGGGGG!!!!!! I.... HATE..... RENAMEING..... That only took half an hour to crash again.
Would the crash analysis files help? I can save them before they vanish next time.
D-Light users Unite!
MrChristmas2000 View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote MrChristmas2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2009 at 7:46am
I didn't get a change to enter this in the contest but here it is anyway.

Please note on the opening frame the two arches are on. These are not supposed to be on (at least my sequence has supposedly turned them off). If you watch carefully there are pairs of arches (group of 16 channels) that either get stuck on or turn on semi randomly.

One other note the opening just turns all the channels on one group at a time then turns them off all at once. All the leaping arches are supposed to turn on but you can see that they do not. Also there is a star on the Mega tree that dosen't come on either. You can see that there is also some lag in getting everything turned off. The lights in the left upper bay window is on a d-light controller that dosen't go off period.

This display consisit of a mixture of d-light controllers and DMX equipment run by an LOR iDMX1000 controller. The problem mentioned above is generated through the iDMX to DMX channels.

However there are occassional sticking channels with the d-light controllers as well.

You will also note the LARGE delay between the opening sequence and the TSO song. The show is being run with the scheduler and that delay is produced by the scheduler. This sequence has 416 channels defined.

The show was running on a machine dedicated to running this show and that's all that was installed. The machine was running XP home with 2GB of memory.

Now that we are heading into the 2009 season it's time to start discussing these issues.

Edited by MrChristmas2000 - 27 Jan 2009 at 7:53am

Holding breath for DMX.
ChrisL1976 View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote ChrisL1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2009 at 1:20pm
MC.....how many lights are you running per channel on your arches?
Chris

www.lightsonsixth.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>