1.0.41 (1.1 preview release 3) is here!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
MrChristmas2000 View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Online Status: Offline
  Quote MrChristmas2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2009 at 4:18pm
Each arch has:

8 channels
each channel is a 100 count multi mini string, giving 800 lights per arch.

Holding breath for DMX.
ChrisL1976 View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote ChrisL1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2009 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by MrChristmas2000

Each arch has:

8 channels

Thats the same number I used. Part of the arch problem may be not enough lights on the channel.  I had the same issue with my arches, although not all 7 channels at one time. I had sticky channels that stuck like 90% of the time in the same place on certain sequences.  It was recommended that I throw some more lights on them, so at the end of the arch, I threw some spare 50 cnt sets I had on each channel of the arch and that solved it for about 90% of the catches.

I'm not 100% this is a strictly Aurora Issue.

Edited by ChrisL1976 - 27 Jan 2009 at 4:33pm
Chris

www.lightsonsixth.com
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote MrChristmas2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2009 at 4:49pm
Chris,

What controllers were you using?

Holding breath for DMX.
bdkeen View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2009 at 5:19pm

Each arch has:

8 channels

I did same 8 chnls per arch, 100 minis per chnl - only had 2 arches. The arches worked excellent.  Had sticky channels only on 1 ACx16 controller and it was only the channels that had short (36 inch) pieces of incadescent rope light.  Single 9 ft, 2 inch per bulb LED ropes worked fine. Most of the time it seemed the refresh point in 1.0.41 turned off the stuck chnl, but not always. Sometimes they'd be on till end of sequence, but always went off at end of sequence.  Seemed rather random - sometimes it was ok and sometimes it wasn't. Tried 1.13, 1.14, and 1.15 Beta firmware. 1.15 beta ended up being the one I left on the controller.

Don't think it's in Aurora..  Maybe when 1.15 firmware comes out for the ACx16 it'll be part of the fix but that's just a hopeful guess LOL.
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote ChrisL1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2009 at 6:25pm
D-light acx16's
Chris

www.lightsonsixth.com
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote MrChristmas2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2009 at 7:09pm
I did not upgrade to 1.0.41 because when I tried it my whole show went whacky. The arches were jumpy, jerkey and just didn't look right.

This may be a challenge to figure out what is going wrong.

The arches are driven the the following manner:
Aurora > iDMX1000 > DMX dimmable controller.

I talked to LOR but they didn't go far with me because I wasn't driving it with LOR and kinda said that it could be a protocol problem with Aurora to the IDMX1000.

The iDMX1000 is suppoed to look to a LOR/d-light network just like any other LOR controller.

The funny thing is that it is a semi random problem. On some sequence segments the hardware responds properly but on others it just dosen't turn off at the correct point.

Holding breath for DMX.
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote ChrisL1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2009 at 7:35pm

controller.

The funny thing is that it is a semi random problem. On some sequence segments the hardware responds properly but on others it just dosen't turn off at the correct point.

My issues with my arches were only during 3 of my 12 sequences
Chris

www.lightsonsixth.com
deweycooter View Drop Down
Development
Development

Quote deweycooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2009 at 12:30pm
Originally posted by ChrisL1976

Can you think of anything that those 3 had in common that set them apart from the others?  When they were sequenced (possibly tied to a version?), specific types of patterns that they hung on (the pattern and maybe even the speed?)...
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote ChrisL1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2009 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by deweycooter

Originally posted by ChrisL1976

Can you think of anything that those 3 had in common that set them apart from the others?  When they were sequenced (possibly tied to a version?), specific types of patterns that they hung on (the pattern and maybe even the speed?)...

Yeah, I'm thinking it has to be related to the speed because there is only so many pattern you can do with the arches and I have the same patterns in multiple sequences that worked fine. I'm hoping the early videos I shot will show a few of the catches so I can figure out where they exactly were.  After I added extra lights, the frequency of the problem was greatly reduced, (almost zero) unless a version change happened the same day which I dont recall.  The version for the original arches would have been right around December 5th.  I'll have to check the forum and see which version we were at that point in time. 
Chris

www.lightsonsixth.com
BigDPS View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote BigDPS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2009 at 3:53pm
What I have seen is that depending on the humidity level on any particular day, I had channels sticking as well. I fixed the problem by adding a power adapter on the channel that would stick. Pain in the bum but (no pun) in solved the problem. It didn't matter how fast or slow the sequence was. The triacs in the controllers are way to finiky if you ask me. Aurora has nothing to do with these problems.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>