1.0.41 Question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
bdkeen View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Online Status: Offline
  Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1.0.41 Question
    Posted: 12 Dec 2008 at 12:48pm
I understand the changes except perhaps for one that I'm not clear on:

- Adds "Refresh Points" to file compilation
  (intended as a workaround to clear firmware stuck/misfired channels)

I have 1 or 2 channels that seem to mis-fire then stay on until a event happens on that channel whereapon the channel seems to be corrected.

Is the addition of 'refresh points' automatic?  Not sure I fully understand this one - but I like it (I think).

I especially like the Borealis enhancements.  Tested then out and have redone my show schedule - Now back to 1 show schedule that does it all. Borealis will get fired off by the task scheduler, it auto starts and we're off running... Love it!

LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2008 at 1:02pm
bdkeen,

The refresh points are added to the sequence when it is saved.  You will need to open them in the sequencer and re-save them before running them in the scheduler.  As always, keep backups.

Basically, each channel in the "off" state gets refreshed at least once every N*0.03 seconds (N being the number of channels in the sequence).  For your 112 channels that would be every 3.36 seconds, so no channel of yours will remain stuck for longer than 3.36 seconds.
bdkeen View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2008 at 2:28pm
Excellent!
Always keep a backup copy on my server. I was testing some auto replication software and anytime any change was made to any file in the Aurora folder structure it was replicated to my server.

All sequences have been opened and resaved. (This also provided a good excuse for more 'tweaking' Shocked)
 Post Reply Post Reply