1.0.41 Borealis problems

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
bdkeen View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Online Status: Offline
  Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1.0.41 Borealis problems
    Posted: 12 Dec 2008 at 4:44pm
OK- 1.0.41 fired off with the Task Scheduler just fine. I have a 30 minute .wav file for pre-show music, made a playlist (.wpl) and Borealis fired off just fine at 5 PM and started the pre-show audio .

At 5:30 PM (show start time) I heard a substantial 'DOINK!' on the radio.  Sure enough there was an error dialog on the screen.  In the interest of getting the show started on time I ignored the dialog so I'll try and recreate if I can during non-show time to see if this wasn't just a one off event.

EDIT: Checked the Task Scheduler log... It's telling me the task was successfully finished at 5:30:22 PM.  That's the same time the 'DOINK' sounded which is also the same time the pre-show play list finished and the show loop should have begun. Starting to look like there's a problem trying to starting Borealis with the Task Scheduler (Vista)

Restarted Borealis and the show started just fine. Now will wait and see if it exits after current song when show should end at 10:15 PM and play the run-once nightly closing sequence. 

EDIT: Show ended  at proper time with end when current song being played selected. BUT the run-once closing.dls did not play.  Instead the entire thing started to repeat and the pre show play list started when the show ended.  I'm not sure we're quite there yet in this version.

Tried to reproduce the problem and of course I was unable to reproduce. But did notice that Borealis seems it will never end if you're using a play list or non-show audio. Once the run once closing plays it goes back to idle and plays non-show audio. Never enters a stopped state at end time - just loops back and plays non-show audio and waits for next show. Although the non-show audio works ok (plays whenever a show isn't scheduled), for me it's back to the pre-show sequence loop and the light show loop so things will end and go silent when the show loop ends and the run-once closing.dls has played at the end of the night.

Edited by bdkeen - 13 Dec 2008 at 7:50am
 Post Reply Post Reply