Aurora Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Aurora Sequencer Software > Aurora 1.0 > Feature Requests
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Add Duration to Fades

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
jberner View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
  Quote jberner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Add Duration to Fades
    Posted: 13 Dec 2008 at 12:18pm
It would be nice to have a duration on the Ramps. Leave the Ramps tool as is as ramps are dynamic and add a new event called a Fade that is a duration event. It would go from x to y intensity over z seconds.  It would be selectable from the quick links when a specific setting is applied to the sequence and editable using the info tool like every other tool.  It would have to add its own timing line at end of the event if one was not already in place.

This would make adding individual ramps of the same duration easily available with out having to use the selection tool repeatedly and having to do multiple clicks to preserve a duration.

My scenario is that I have many timing lines not equally spaced and having to add the same 2 second event every .25 of a second randomly across 9 channels it a pain using the "y-selection" tool.  Too slow and too many extra key strokes. (there are a total of 90ish of these i had to add and the selection tool caused it to take about 3 times longer than i expect it would have taken if there were this type of tool)
jberner View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
  Quote jberner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2008 at 8:55pm
In giving this more thought, i am not sure it would even need to add its own duration marks. If the event was shown with a different graphic pattern it could just be an event not bound to any timing line other than the one that starts it.
 Post Reply Post Reply