Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Sound Cutting out during show

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
autotime View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote autotime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sound Cutting out during show
    Posted: 17 Dec 2008 at 10:01am
This problem is just starting to happen but it is becoming more and more frequent.  When we run the show, the sound seems to cut out, but the lights continue.  When the music comes back, it comes back at the point it cut out.  It doesn't loose any of the song.  When I go to task manager and watch performance, during the time the sound is out, it spikes and stays up there 2-3 seconds.  Most of the time the computer performance is running 40-50%.  If I watch processes, it will show the sequencer running and when the show stops scheduler will pop up in the processes and then another sequencer will start.  Sometimes it will show 2 sequencers running at the same time.  The performance is really high during that time.  Then slowly one will go down and go away until another song starts.  It doesn't seem to matter if it is a wave or MP3 file.  I am running vista with aurora v1.032. 

ChrisL1976 View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote ChrisL1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2008 at 10:24am
I have also seem this one time while watching my show when my parents came to visit.  Have you checked to make sure your transmitter was working correctly?  I thought maybe the transmitter was acting up in my case.  I have, knock on wood, not had any issues since. Or at least none that I have noticed.    
Chris

www.lightsonsixth.com
Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2008 at 10:55am
Only time I ever had anything like this is when I used MP3s, but you said that you have it even when the song uses WAVs. Are you sure that the sequence was updated with the WAV and it was re-saved so that it really knows to use the WAV?
Fine. You're so smart you rig up the lights.
D-Light users Unite!
autotime View Drop Down

Quote autotime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2008 at 11:06am
im sure its not the transmitter cause i can have it playing thru the computer and it does it, and i can watch it in task manger when it happens and its spiking durning the no sound part.

Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2008 at 11:16am
That's still the exact same thing that mine did with the MP3s.
Does the sequence play correctly in Aurora, or does it cut out in both Aurora and Borealis?
Fine. You're so smart you rig up the lights.
D-Light users Unite!
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2008 at 11:35am
Based on your 40% to 50% statement, I assume this is a dual core or dual processor PC?

Since with very very limited exceptions (and not for more than a percent or two) Borealis presently will not use more than one core/processor, if you are seeing a spike beyond 50% then something else on the PC is causing the spike which is in turn affecting the operation of Borealis. 

You mention the sequencer showing up in the task manager... you aren't running the Aurora Sequencer and Borealis Scheduler at the same time are you?
jberner View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote jberner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2008 at 10:51am
I have to second the MP3 statement by PG. In my learning experiments with Halloween I used MP3 and had that issue.  It went away when I converted to WAV.  I had the issue on multiple machine types.  All gone when I converted.

Are you using MP3?
 Post Reply Post Reply