Aurora Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Aurora Sequencer Software > Aurora 1.0 > Feature Requests
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Bing a mark to a channel or group of channels

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Kirek View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Kirek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bing a mark to a channel or group of channels
    Posted: 18 Dec 2008 at 11:50pm
With a large number of channels and effects like arches, trees etc.  you quickly end up with mark-soup...

Would it be possible to bind a mark to either a channel or a group of channels so their marks only effected their channels.

Thanks

ChrisL1976 View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote ChrisL1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2008 at 11:58pm
just zoom into the channels using the - key    (minus key)   The + key (plus key) will add more channels to the screen

Chris

www.lightsonsixth.com
Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2008 at 8:18am
Grouping is supposted to be comming... in 2009?
Fine. You're so smart you rig up the lights.
D-Light users Unite!
jberner View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote jberner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2008 at 9:35am
Zooming is in 'ok'  but when those devices integrate with other devices on another part of the sequence you need to seem them all.  I think the goal here is to have timing marks in a 'block' so that their high density/rapid effects timing marks dont cover up general timing marks for the song. 

I think some time ago i proposed a way around this by allowing the timing marks to be different colors.  Make beats Red, high density timing marks green, etc... That would help immensely in my opinion and wouldn't require the programming and hardware overhead that blocks of timing marks would require.

I would also like a way to break a show up in to multiple sections so I can see two (or three)different parts of my channels close together visually with out moving their orders all around.

I run 3 different colors on most of my objects and I group the channels in the same orders per color. This would allow for getting the green lights of one set of channels visually closer to the white or red channels that could be 30 channels away.  I don't remember the name of this feature but I found it in Excel a while ago. It is a major time saver when working on large spread sheets and in essence this is a spread sheet for lights.

Edited by jberner - 20 Dec 2008 at 9:45am
Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2008 at 12:45pm
OOOoooo, Like different order/groups can could be quickly switched to.
So I could have the standard Controller1/channel1-ControllerX/channel16 group, the R/G/B group, the left to right group, the top to bottom group, sectional group.... That's kinda cool.
Of course if that's now that you meant... I like MY idea better!
Fine. You're so smart you rig up the lights.
D-Light users Unite!
ChrisL1976 View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote ChrisL1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2008 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by Pony_God

OOOoooo, Like different order/groups can could be quickly switched to.
So I could have the standard Controller1/channel1-ControllerX/channel16 group, the R/G/B group, the left to right group, the top to bottom group, sectional group.... That's kinda cool.
Of course if that's now that you meant... I like MY idea better!

DL spectrum had something like that.....they were called virtual controllers.  You could create a new controller using a copy of  a device/channel number of a existing controller.  Thus creating groups.   When you added a command to virtual controller, it also placed that same command in the original device/channel line.
Chris

www.lightsonsixth.com
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2008 at 9:11am
Timeline Groups/Channel Groups/Channel Mute/Channel Solo is due sometime in 2009. 
jberner View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote jberner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2008 at 10:06am
So January 2nd then?  Smile  WhooHoo Happy new years to us!!
LightChristmas View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote LightChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2008 at 10:13am
Ease up, Jberner. Us beta-testers need a break!LOLIf only for a short while. Rest assured, the Aurora you have now will look like a poor cousin by next Christmas!

jberner View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote jberner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2008 at 10:30am
Awww, come on now, I was giving you New Years day off, what more could you ask for?

I dont think any of us will be pounding on your doors for at least a little while.  The hangover from taking the light down and packing away all of our work will probably make most of us take a break, at least for a few weeks. 

I expect you will get a strong demand for a new version and bug fixes around Groundhog day when the community deploys the next set of light shows.Tongue  What color lights do you use to celebrate that little beast?

Edited by jberner - 23 Dec 2008 at 10:34am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>