Successful weekend

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Slinkard View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Slinkard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Successful weekend
    Posted: 22 Dec 2008 at 10:48am

Another successful weekend! Thank you for the second year Michael - Aurora! Now that doesn't sound like much but...

I left Friday to drive to NorCal for a family get together. I left early Friday and returned at the end of my Sunday night show. And yes in deed! All lights were twinkling away. There were no "Out Of Memory" issues that I had with other vendors, or BSoD's!

To be COMPLETELY honest, since this was my second year running this software I actually wasn't even a bit scared and actually expected to see the lights firing on all cylinders. My wife and I were actually betting on what Song would be on!

This is just another example of how well you designed your software!

ATTA BOY!

Slink

P.S the song was Wizards neither my wife or I picked that one

Edited by Slinkard - 22 Dec 2008 at 10:50am

Coming soon www.computerizedlights.com
ChrisL1976 View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote ChrisL1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2008 at 2:39pm
I second that!!!  Thumbs%20Up

Coming from Spectrum last year.....My wife and my blood pressure levels thank you.
Chris

www.lightsonsixth.com
LightChristmas View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote LightChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2008 at 3:15pm
Fourth year running LOL-Player and/or Aurora. Michael really knows how to save Christmas!Star

Edited by LightChristmas - 22 Dec 2008 at 3:16pm

kedogn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote kedogn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2008 at 4:45pm
Yeah, 1 thing is for sure, its not that Aurora software that worries me when it comes to my show, its the D-Light boards.  When they are both working right, as they are now (or as close to right as can be expected without the latest fw update from d-light, which was expected almost a month ago) things are just great!! 

I also have to say that I am not at all worried about leaving my lights and KNOWING they will fire up as they should thanks to Aurora/Scheduler.  Have done it a few times and only 2 things stopped shows from going on as planned, 1) MS software update that reset the computer (stupid me kept it connected to internet, learned that lesson) and 2) when I was in Oklahoma for the weekend (2 weekends ago) we had a nasty wind storm blow through here at home that killed our power, so while the computer restarted, Scheduler didn't, so that was an issue. No biggie cause my yard looked like a battlefield anyway after that wind :)

EDIT on 12/23: Make that 3 things that will/have stopped my show from going on and # 3 is not resetting all the timers after a power outage in the middle of the night :) This happened to me with the show yesterday.  Got close enough to the house, flipped the radio on... NOTHING!  Then like a ton of bricks I remembered waking up in the middle of the night with no power :)

Thanks to all who have helped make this another good year!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Edited by kedogn - 23 Dec 2008 at 9:40am
BOOMER SOONER!

Lee Family Lights
MrChristmas2000 View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote MrChristmas2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2008 at 6:38am
After a real bad start with animation last year with spectrum I must give Kudos to Aurora. Evey with a few quirks that will be ironed our as things go along and the program is
pushed to it's limits Aurora has performed quite well.

I too have had more problems with the hardware, d-light etc that with the software.

Although I must add that when 2 of my d-light controllers that simply wouldn't perform as they should d-light replaced them promptly. Clap I have never had such good customer friendly service where a company actually shipped me product without wanting a credit card or other payment up front. Smile

I worked all year on my display redesign with total success. I now have many OOhs and AAhs from many visitors.

415 Channels of control with 30,000 lights!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody.

Holding breath for DMX.
LightChristmas View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote LightChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2008 at 11:24am
Just a though. How about posting your kudos over on PC? It would really help promote Aurora.

Slinkard View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote Slinkard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2008 at 1:23pm
I was one of the very first boosters of Aurora over on PC. I ticked off a bunch of LOR users by mis-stating some info. They get really.... really sensitive, so I don't post anything that I actually like over there anymore.  just talk in vague ambigous statements so i don't upset the heard!

Slink

Coming soon www.computerizedlights.com
 Post Reply Post Reply