Scheduler Delay Problem?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
MrChristmas2000 View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Online Status: Offline
  Quote MrChristmas2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Scheduler Delay Problem?
    Posted: 22 Dec 2008 at 9:21pm
My show file is a 3Mb+ file. It has about 420 channels.

It takes the scheduler about 15 to 20 seconds to loop. Is there anything I can do to speed up the cycle time. If someone has just driven up and it goes dark for that amount if time I am afraid they will think that the show has eneded for the evening. It also goes very dark since I also have turned off the street light.

Holding breath for DMX.
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2008 at 8:42am
3MB??  Wow!  What is the event count on file/open?

I don't think we've ever tested on a single sequence that large before.  The largest I've tested with is one in my show which comes in at 950MB 950kB taking 2.5 seconds to open.

Edited by LightsOnLogan - 23 Dec 2008 at 9:58am
Jonathan View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2008 at 9:15am
You mean 950KB?
~Jonathan
bdkeen View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2008 at 9:23am

We have a short (less than 1 minute) voice-over sequence that's at the 'top' of the show schedule. Probably why I don't see any sort of delay at all..  Unless you really know there's a loop restarting you'd never know

LightChristmas View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote LightChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2008 at 9:56am
I have one sequence thats 1.05MB - this is due to frequent use of W2E in some sections. The load time, though, is negligable.

Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote MrChristmas2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2008 at 4:19pm
Originally posted by LightsOnLogan

3MB??  Wow!  What is the event count on file/open?

I don't think we've ever tested on a single sequence that large before.  The largest I've tested with is one in my show which comes in at 950MB 950kB taking 2.5 seconds to open.

278,189 events
2237 snap points
415 channels (inc 2 for doing temp marking)

3,342,519bytes in the file.

I would be happy to provide you with a copy to play with. I will have to use a file transfer service though because the file is a little large for e-mail.

Holding breath for DMX.
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2008 at 6:43pm

That seems like a very high event count... am I correct in assuming there is a lot of W2E in this sequence?

Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote MrChristmas2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2008 at 6:58pm
Zero - Zilch - Nada.

It's just a lot of turning things on and off. I have 13 8 channel leaping arches.

Also I have some inflatables that I turn the channel on at the beginning of the sequence and leave it on for the whole sequence. I had to add a small timimg mark at the beginning of the sequence before Aurora would turn on those channels.

Could you imagine if I added a Firefly or two in the mix!

I will send you the file tomorrow if you like.

Holding breath for DMX.
 Post Reply Post Reply