Scheduler end problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
bdkeen View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Online Status: Offline
  Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Scheduler end problem
    Posted: 22 Dec 2008 at 9:29pm

2 nights running the schedule ended after the current song as it should but then failed to play the run once closing sequence. It was working just fine till 2 nights ago when it just stopped playing the closing sequence.

Also when it does end - it never stops.. just cycles back waiting for next show to begin. Is there any way to have it end and stop rather than just cycle back to the schedule looking for another show?

Edited by bdkeen - 22 Dec 2008 at 9:29pm
Jonathan View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2008 at 11:24pm
Why would you want it to end and stop?  If it did that, the next days show wouldn't start.  Whether your next show is 18 hours after the last one (nightly) or you have different shows run every half hour, you will want the scheduler to automatically play your shows when the time comes to do so.  If you want to stop it after the show is over, you can always manually hit the stop button. 

The failed to play the closing sequence happened to me once as well (only mine was the opening one).  Are you using the playlist option for non show times?
~Jonathan
bdkeen View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2008 at 9:15am
Originally posted by Jonathan

Why would you want it to end and stop?  If it did that, the next days show wouldn't start.  Whether your next show is 18 hours after the last one (nightly) or you have different shows run every half hour, you will want the scheduler to automatically play your shows when the time comes to do so.  If you want to stop it after the show is over, you can always manually hit the stop button. 

The failed to play the closing sequence happened to me once as well (only mine was the opening one).  Are you using the playlist option for non show times?

Why would I want to end and stop? I don't run the pc 24x7.. FM transmitter turns on via timer at 4:55 PM, Borealis starts up perfect at 4:57 pm every night via the Task Scheduler, and Borealis schedule then starts perfect at 5:00 PM every night.  Borealis is set to auto start so show start every night is just fine. I would have liked to use the non-show play list option but can't do that because Borealis never enters the stop state. Once it's started play list activated, show plays, show ends, closing supposed to play, and it's time to shut everything down and go silent. Play list option prevents going silent since the playlist is activated whenever a schedule item isn't to be played. And withouit manually hitting stop can't go silent. Not broadcasting 24x7 either. I've been manually shutting everything down each night and that's not a problem since I've got some work to do after the show wrapping up each night.

I'm setup with 2 show schedules. The first is a 30 minute single sequence of the pre-show music and announcements, then the light show loop tht runs till 10:15 PM whereapon the nightly closing sequence plays (was playing)..

Post Reply Post Reply