Forum LockedYoutube Issue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ChrisL1976 View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Online Status: Offline
  Quote ChrisL1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Youtube Issue
    Posted: 30 Dec 2008 at 1:51pm
Awesome..another Contest!!!!  Thumbs%20Up

With the recent issue with youtube not allowing us to upload videos with licensed music. They recently started checking and deleleting videos..can we post them on Vimeo if we cant get it on youtube??
Chris

www.lightsonsixth.com
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2008 at 1:57pm
Sure, I'll ammend the rules to allow Vimeo entries.

FYI - It is up to the person uploading the video to handle the copyright issues. 
ChrisL1976 View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote ChrisL1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2008 at 3:37pm
I guess there is a way around it on youtube, but looks like some may are not getting it to work.   I know Richard Holdman had all of his 2007 videos deleted about a week or so ago. 

When I tried to upload one of my video yesterday.....I got a message that basically saying it was rejected, for containing "third party content"  It dumped my upload.   I'll check around on there tonight and see if that work around fixes it.
Chris

www.lightsonsixth.com
Jonathan View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2008 at 8:04pm
I just checked, and all my videos are still up.  I did however upload them mid to late December (the last being on the 28th) so my uploads may not have been affected.  My issue is trying to pick one sequence to submit!  Confused
~Jonathan
BigDPS View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote BigDPS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2009 at 9:44am
When I had my video uploaded, I got an email saying my video had copyrighted music from the UMG (Universal Music Group). UMG are now the "owners" of my video since they will allow it to stay as long as youtube gives them access to the amount of views it gets as well as putting advertisement on my video page. I guess it's not all bad. I am afraid to put the other videos as I have no idea who has the copyrights of the songs I choose. I guess I can check the CD's I took them off from to give me a clue. LOL

Post Reply Post Reply