What's going to be new in your display 2009

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
bdkeen View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Online Status: Offline
  Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What's going to be new in your display 2009
    Posted: 14 Jan 2009 at 4:03pm
Just for grins... Since for many of us 2008 Christmas was out first real experience with this stuff I thought it might be fun to see what we're planning to add for 2009!

As for me, I plan on adding:
- More channels (duh) - 4 or 5 ACx16's
- More LED (having ~50% sure was noticable on the electric bill and alot less failures after taking down the lights)
- Projector (picked up a good eBay deal, good deal on large wreath from Craigs List, and Santa's Symphony - plan on rear projection into wreath)
- 20 LED Strobes
- 2 more arches
- New Megatree little fuller and little taller - Flagpole was a 2008 casuality - was ok till I put the flag back and tried to raise the pole. The cold, cheap twist to tighten telescopic pole, ice, and plastic parts didn't mix well.
- Some more static (non-controlled) lights and items
- Not really new but making more permanent the many adhoc modifications I did while the 2008 display was running. (My mailbox converted to collection box had many and has really come togther nicely)
- Few other ideas up my sleeve for 1 or 2 things I don't recall seeing anywhere else - test, decide, then incorporate for 2009 if feesable.
- would like to dabble in DMX just a little but seems rather costly at the moment (probably forget this idea)

Edited by bdkeen - 14 Jan 2009 at 4:06pm
Slinkard View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote Slinkard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2009 at 4:27pm
I have actually already started to work on this over a PC.

Fully interactive ELF DJ to navigate through the show via animation/Flash

A RDS system to broadcast messages to car stereo display

A few arches but instead of arched they will be twisted up the front colums like DNA strands

I think that is about it, and this is money willing!

Slink

Coming soon www.computerizedlights.com
Tony Furst View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote Tony Furst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2009 at 6:34pm
I am adding two firefly units as well as two more 16 channel controllers

Tony
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup
bdkeen View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2009 at 8:14am

For sure - 1 DCx16. Found some 20 LED MR16's at 5 for $6 so I got reds, greens, and blues. I'm going to give them a try on a DCx16. They look good just hooked up to a power supply. Awaiting the DCx16 and a few other pieces to finish the MR16 project and will test this all out probably within the next 2-3 weeks. If it works out ok might just double up on the bulbs for a little more wash area.  Have the MR16 holders almost completed.

BigDPS View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote BigDPS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2009 at 3:52pm
In 2007, we had about 2100 led lights. It was our first year and I got hooked on lighted animated display. In 2008, we had 5400 leds. We had more than doubled the previous year and had added a second controller.

For 2009, I already purchased more leds for a total of 11260 led which is a bit more than double the 2008 display.

We'll be adding 2 more controllers, a mid sized mega tree (half the one we had of 22 and a half feet tall), make a few arches and other gizmos. We have less than 10 months to have all of this done. Time goes by pretty quick!!!

christmas 01 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote christmas 01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2009 at 3:14am
ive just got aurora and am loving it :) ordered 2 ac16's of dlight and may have to add aniother 1 hint hint if mom and dad let me :)
im intergrating the catenary into the display, 2 shooting stars, 2 bells
1 mega tree with 16 channels, 2 small trees that will be voices lights.
spot light, floods, smoke machine in the glass house with strobes x2
plus 1 sleigh and reindeer x9 
plus stars, led lights in the pine tree, static lights in cherry trees, conifer ;ights, alsorts of displays going to be going in.

Many hands make christmas lights work
 Post Reply Post Reply