Forum LockedOutput errors

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
  Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2007 at 9:56am

I can't open your dls file... my download appears to be corrupt (tried to download it twice).  Could you please .zip the file and email it to me.

Was this an imported sequence?  Have you tried to delete and recreate that one section (all channels) with Aurora (it is possible that there was something odd in the original sequence that was imported)?
peteandvanessa View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote peteandvanessa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2007 at 10:05am
There is something odd on his Spiral trees channel. Many of the fades aren't correct within the sequence. They look almost correct, but if you use the infor button you realize the fades are set correctly.
Comporder1 View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote Comporder1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2007 at 10:09am
Originally posted by peteandvanessa

The only thing I can see that looks a bit strange is the Spiral trees. On their fade it shows them as :

1. No fade in (they aren't the same as the other channels)
2.Intensity is 100% and end is grayed out at the first part of that channel (in the area you are having problems with)

Right. The spiral trees are following the vocal in the song. I intended for them to be that way.

Thanks for taking the time to check it out.

Carey
DMX
DMX

Quote Comporder1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2007 at 8:32am
Originally posted by LightsOnLogan

I can't open your dls file... my download appears to be corrupt (tried to download it twice).  Could you please .zip the file and email it to me.

Was this an imported sequence?  Have you tried to delete and recreate that one section (all channels) with Aurora (it is possible that there was something odd in the original sequence that was imported)?

Sorry. I didn't see this post until just now. I will send it right away, except I am not sure what email to send it to. I have a few associated with the order process (paypal, order confirmation, etc.) Let me know where it should go.

In the mean time I posted it up here:

I didn't have a chance to do any testing yesterday. I had my turn shopping with the wife! I should have time today.

Carey

Edited by Comporder1 - 18 Dec 2007 at 8:33am
DMX
DMX

Quote Comporder1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2007 at 8:39am
Answer to your questions:

The file was originally created in Spectrum by yours truly. I imported it into Aurora. I did not delete everything and start over, but i did recreate/redraw the events over the original events. Hope that makes sence. I will play with it today.

Carey
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2007 at 10:43am
Download of the zip file worked... thanks.  I will check this out and let you know what I find.
DMX
DMX

Quote Comporder1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2007 at 11:11am
Thanks!
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2007 at 11:58am

The good news: Your sequence file is good... everything looks right there (spiral trees are not causing any issues as has been suggested).  I can replicate what you are describing on my ACx16 v1.13.  Ramps of just slightly under 2 seconds do not render properly on ACx16 1.13.  Furthermore, I have isolated the exact bad section of Aurora code that is causing the bug.

The sort-of good news: You can work arround this issue by shortening the ramp slightly.  If you delete the existing ramps and create new ones that are 1.8 seconds instead of 2 seconds they will render properly.  Actually, you should be able to create ramps 1.899 or 2.001 seconds.  It is between 1.9 and 2.0 seconds that is affected by this issue.

The not-as-good news: A "fix" for the "1.9 to 2.0 ramp duration issue" will not be available until the 0.3 beta comes out.  Until then you will need to use the "sort-of good" workaround above.
DMX
DMX

Quote Comporder1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2007 at 12:21pm
HA! No problem! I am glad I helped your discover the bug.

I have another sequence with a very obvious output problem if you want to take a look. You can get it here: http://files-upload.com/files/685860/Wizards_in_Winter.zip 

It is my version of WIW. In first 20 seconds of the song the icicle lights are boucing quickly on the 1/8 notes and the roof is following music emphasis. Nothing else is on during the time. The two channels just go crazy. It is hard to tell what is not happening properly. Good luck!

Carey
deweycooter View Drop Down
Development
Development

Quote deweycooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2007 at 8:52am
I assume the ramp issue does not depend on the ramp direction?  Here is a video of where I see it - the natural trees (not the megas, not the minis) are supposed to be ramping up green while ramping down red, then ramping down green while ramping up red.  Guess what - right around 2 seconds:  video

btw - these trees are on the same controller, an ACx8 running v1.12.

Issue 2 - for some reason, my ACx16 (still v1.12) that controls my mega tree on the right seems to miss events.  Watch 1:23 and 2:04 in this video.  The middle tree does its thing, then it repeats joined by the left and right trees.  Notice the right tree misses most of it.  The trees are given the same commands and all firmware settings are defaulted.  I have 9 controllers (ID 11-19) with the left/middle/right being 17/12/19.  I'm starting to talk myself into believing it's a firmware setting...otherwise wouldn't there be loads of people talking about it?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>