Aurora Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Aurora Sequencer Software > Aurora 1.0
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

anyone ever have trouble saving dls file ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Clintstery View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Clintstery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: anyone ever have trouble saving dls file ?
    Posted: 29 Jan 2009 at 3:28pm
Hey all..
I have been using Aurora for about 6 months or so now...never had a problem saving files before..until recently..for example:
I opened a usual file into aurora..do a little sequencing and then go to save..it appears to save(however i noticed a typo glitch as the box came up to tell me successfully saved..
I also notced in the "sequencing folder there are hidden files which i tried to save and dissapeared,i only see those files when i save a file,but when i try to open...that file is not there..nothing is recognizing the dls file
any ideas guys?
Linda's Christmas Magic
Jonathan View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2009 at 12:13am
What version are you using? 

As far as I am aware, you should only see .dls files when saving.  Hidden files are controlled by a windows setting.  In XP, while browsing through folders, by clicking on the tools, folder options, view, you can change whether that folder will display hidden files or not. 

Another possibility is if you saved a sequence on a higher version on one terminal and tried to open the file on another terminal that has a lower version of the program.  Depending on the versions, issues will arise. 

Have you recently installed any new programs, especially video or audio based ones?  If so, you might need to unregister a few conflicting dll's. 

What to do?  Start by deleting the config.dat file.  Try saving the sequence with a different file name.  If issues still persist, uninstall the program from control panel's add/remove programs, then reinstall a fresh copy (have the purchase key handy in case Aurora asks for it upon reinstall).  Restart the computer after the installation. 
~Jonathan
Clintstery View Drop Down

Quote Clintstery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2009 at 3:08am
I am using 1.0 32..sorry i forgot to mention that i am also on Vista..and in the meanwhile (last couple hrs) I was able to find more resourses and of course went right for the config.dat file and deleted that file and Whalah!!..thats all i had to do..
You were deffinately on the money there,nice!
thanx..it's odd that was the first of problems ive had with Aurora..I like it very much and cant wait for all the bugs to be ironed out

Thanx again Jonathan
Linda's Christmas Magic
 Post Reply Post Reply