Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

how do I load audio

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
marvinmayo7 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote marvinmayo7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: how do I load audio
    Posted: 06 Feb 2009 at 12:55am

Got a new p/c for lighting, downloaded Aurora but I can't figure out how to get my music from cd to Aurora. I am a computer neophyte so simple step by step would be greatly appreciated. THANKS

Marvin
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2009 at 7:27am
You will need to rip your audio from the CD onto the computer.  The preferred rip for the best quality is 44100, 16 bit, stereo WAV.

I still use an old program called EAC to do this (from the days before WMP had ripping ability), but today some versions of Windows Media Player can now rip audio, so I'll let another jump in here with the easier instructions that use tools already on your computer.

Quote marvinmayo7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2009 at 8:37am
In my attempts to do this I have "ripped" the song into my WMP as a wav file.
not a clue how to get it from there to aurora.
LightChristmas View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote LightChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2009 at 9:34am
Open Aurora, click "Create New File". In the blank "Media AV File", click the folder to browse for your audio file, select the file and thats it!

ChrisL1976 View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote ChrisL1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2009 at 10:52am
Check this out, it may help you get started in Aurora

Getting started in Aurora
Chris

www.lightsonsixth.com
Jonathan View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2009 at 3:20pm
The best way is to copy the audio file directly into the C:\...\Aurora Sequencer\Audio directory.  (If you let the system install Aurora where it wanted to, browse to C:\Program Files\Aurora Sequencer\Audio). When you go to create a new sequence, point it to that directory. Reason being is that if you ever transfer files form one terminal to another, the program will look in the ...\Audio directory first. 

Although Aurora supposts all types of media files, WAV files are the best to use. 
~Jonathan
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote ChrisL1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2009 at 3:31pm
For future use. You can always download a program called Audacity. It is a FREE audio file editing software that allows you to work with the audio file.  Shorten songs, clip them together. increase the volume.  It has a normalize feature that sets the volume to a certain level.  I use this for all my music so they are all the same volume.  It will export in WAV or MP3

Its probably one of the most common used program for editing our show music.
www.audacity.com     
Chris

www.lightsonsixth.com
Jonathan View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2009 at 5:28pm
Oh so close.  Audacity can be found at http://audacity.sourceforge.net/.
~Jonathan
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote ChrisL1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2009 at 5:43pm
ahh.....LOL

There's a link on that page to the page you listed...50% there
Chris

www.lightsonsixth.com

Quote marvinmayo7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2009 at 2:26pm
WOW thanks for all the help!
Final solution was to play cd into audacity, trim, normalize and export as .wav to
Aurora-audio.
Thanks again for all the hep

Post Reply Post Reply