Video Display

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
bdkeen View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Online Status: Offline
  Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Video Display
    Posted: 06 Feb 2009 at 5:01pm
Started experimenting with the 2nd monitor and video since I'm planning on incorporating a projector I have into my 2009 display. Have created videos, setup to playback on 2nd monitor (or projector)

Couple of questions:
1. Noticed the preview box pops up on the 2nd monitor as sequences load in Scheduler. Ho can this either be prevwented or moved to monitor 1?  Tried dragging it over but always goes back to the monitor designated as playback

2. When loading sequences in Scheduler a short burst of sound (music track) is heard just prior to the sequence playing.  How can this be prevented?

Thanks
Bruce

Edited by bdkeen - 06 Feb 2009 at 5:02pm
Bigindian View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote Bigindian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2009 at 6:19am
I have used video since the beginning.  The preview box can be placed on monitor number one until it needs to be used for the actual show.  Once you have your projector connected, the box will open full screen as soon as the video starts for the first time on the scheduler or sequencer.  The only way to have the box disappear is to have the either the 2nd monitor or projector connected and powered up.  At least this has been my experience so far.

I have never had the short burst of sound issue you describe.  Having used video for three years now, I have never seen that type of issue. Other than talk to Michael, I have no real advice for you on that.

bdkeen View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2009 at 6:25am
I haven't yet let it run through more than 1 cycle in the scheduler to see if what I'm experiencing only happens on the first run through the scheduler. Using the video feature is fairly intuative and no problems in making it work. I'm really looking forward to adding this to the display.

Edit:
Might have found part of my problem. I was using the Alt. Video option. Had the 2008 sequence with the primary AV file defined then just added the video file (.avi which has sound too) in the Alt Video field (properties). Just to experiment I removed the Alt Video file and set the primary AV file to the video file.  The media player box still appears but it's a very quick flash on the screen (or projector). No more burst of sound as the sequence loads and video play fine on second monitor. In the one case I tried I didn't even need to adjust any timing and the squence remained in sync with the video sound track.

The quick flash of the media player box I also observe when loading the sequence into Aurora. It's a very quick flash on the screen in both Aurora and the scheduler but acceptble.

Edited by bdkeen - 07 Feb 2009 at 7:30am
Bigindian View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote Bigindian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2009 at 1:54pm
What I do is, create the sequence with the .wav file first.  The .wav file is then used as the timeline in Windows movie maker or something similiar and video added to that timeline.

As soon as it is complete and authored to a movie file, that file then replaces the original .wav file as the primary AV file in Aurora.

That way, the timeline stays the same as the original audio track and just the same the video stays in sync with the original audie file.

I have had video since the original Aurora with that method.  It has worked without any trouble.

cheers

bdkeen View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2009 at 9:20pm
Thanks - That's pretty much the same as I've now done and it's working good.

Sequencing video, adding  4-5 smaller RGB  MR-16 LED 'wash' units that are almost all completed, and 64 more channels for '09 is a big enough bite for me at the moment. Finally got a good feel for the video and making the RGB do what I want and everything is working really good so far.

Again thanks for your advise.

Bigindian View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote Bigindian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2009 at 6:24am
Have Fun.  Glad I could help

cheers
 Post Reply Post Reply