Colin aka christmas01

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
christmas 01 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
  Quote christmas 01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Colin aka christmas01
    Posted: 10 Feb 2009 at 4:50pm
just thought id better say hello, only joined aurora site a coupleof days ago, but finding it very interesting. thanksyou jonathan for all the help (if you are on here at any time) you have given me from dlights site, pm's Wink hope to be putting some valuable experiences onto this site and helping as many people out as poss.

im from the uk and my names colin,
Abit about my past christmas lights  it all started when we lost my dads mom in 1998, i setup a small static display on the roof of our porch at our old house, i only used a tree and santa, and a string of multcoloured lights set. after a couple of years of getting more lights and other snowmen etc, we moved house to where we are now, and i sold all the old blow mmoulded figures and started buying rope light figures, in bells, shooting stars, snowmen, santas, rocking horse, but some of the ropelights sculptures were motorised and had controlelrs, and i wanted to get in computerised lighting in sync to music
thats where i found dlight, and now upgraded to aurora, i did my first display of 16 channels in 2007, and am planning my next for 2009
2007 i used 16 channels
2009 im planning on 48 channels for my second year running, and a fm transmitter.
anyway if we can upload things/sequences that i have completed as aurora files, thn ill find out where they go and if people want to share them your welcome to.
Colin

Edited by christmas 01 - 10 Feb 2009 at 5:05pm
Many hands make christmas lights work
LightChristmas View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Online Status: Offline
  Quote LightChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2009 at 1:36pm
Welcome aboard, Colin!

Whats this nonsense I hear that your lights must be licensed and approved? And here I thought a neighbourhood association (aka Yard Nazis) was bad!

On a different tack, ever thought about doing a wireframe Tardis or Dalek for Halloween? Have plans for either if you're up to it. Did it ONE year here, but too many people were scratching their heads "whuizzat"? Used blue curtain lights for the box and made for a very convincing demat/remat.

Yup. See the gears turning in your head already!LOL

Post Reply Post Reply