deleting more than one channell at a time

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
christmas 01 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
  Quote christmas 01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: deleting more than one channell at a time
    Posted: 17 Feb 2009 at 5:36am
how do you delete 2 channel in 1 go, ie can you somehow highlight them both to delete in on action.
thanks colin
Many hands make christmas lights work
JonB256 View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote JonB256 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2009 at 6:02am
I don't see a way. The Bulk Channel Edit "should" be the best place for it, but it isn't there. Time for a feature request.

Though it begs the question - Why delete a channel? I've never done anything but add more or edit them to do something else.
JonB - D-Light user
Groupie
Groupie

Quote christmas 01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2009 at 6:28am
oh its just i dont need a 133 channels.
also if a channel has been programmed as firefly device, can i change it back to dlights ac16 as im wanting to edit a group of channels back to ac16 and have set them up as ac16 but it doesnt show on playback screen.

ChrisL1976 View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote ChrisL1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2009 at 7:34am
Why delete channels....especially more than one?   How about if you download someone else's sequence.  If they have 64 channels and you only have 32.
Chris

www.lightsonsixth.com
Groupie
Groupie

Quote christmas 01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2009 at 12:29pm
so can a channel programmed as firefly and setup as firefly be changed back to a normal type channel.?

Edited by christmas 01 - 17 Feb 2009 at 12:29pm
Groupie
Groupie

Quote christmas 01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2009 at 2:46pm
???

Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2009 at 3:04pm
I'm going to go with "no".
Fine. You're so smart you rig up the lights.
D-Light users Unite!
ChrisL1976 View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote ChrisL1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2009 at 3:46pm
Originally posted by Pony_God

I'm going to go with "no".

Although I dont have a FF unit, if I create a FF channel and draw a few RGB commands on it...color fades, ect.  It does let me switch the channel device back over to a d-light acx16 without any error messages. This may be a issue that has just not come up yet. It may crash and burn miserably if you try to output it to a acx16 controller  since its a color fade command on a flat color channel.  I think further testing is required by someone with a FF unit to answer this question

Edited by ChrisL1976 - 17 Feb 2009 at 3:50pm
Chris

www.lightsonsixth.com
JonB256 View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote JonB256 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2009 at 4:40pm
It won't be tonight, but I will test this. Perhaps someone may beat me to it.
JonB - D-Light user
Jonathan View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2009 at 12:49pm
If the converted channel (now non RGB) contains RGB effects, in theory it will not send those RGB commands.  Just as if you pasted an RGB effect into a non RGB channel (which is possible) those commands are ignored.  Even if the channel did send out the command, and if a firefly is still connected, I doubt it would actually process the commands as RGB is, well, "special".  That's a lot of what if's that would need to be met and is therefore not likely to happen. 
~Jonathan
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>