Aurora Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Aurora Sequencer Software > Aurora 1.0 > Feature Requests
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Projector support

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Slinkard View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Slinkard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Projector support
    Posted: 17 Feb 2009 at 3:38pm

I understand the dual monitor and current support. But this is kinda what I think would be a really cool feature. (Note this was posted by me over on PC)

Originally posted by bhays;312382

The software would have to generate a black screen signal to the projector all of the rest of the time, wouldn't it?  Otherwise the computer desktop or the no signal indicator from the projector would appear when no video was being sent.

You are right on the money.

The black screen will always run, like ambient sound in the background. When I want a Elf to come out and introduce something - say at 45 seconds into the sequence - I insert video at that point, almost like adding a ramp out to a channel.

How I see this is a video channel at the very top - not tied to a channel but looks just like it. at any given time I can instruct it to play a file by creating a point of reference or command on that timeline. Once the file is done the command is closed and the time tracker keeps chuggin along.

As I see it, the program will know to tell the output to project a blackscreen when ever the video channel is there and the "Clips" will just be small over lays.

You would only need to configure this video channel once and when ever you want to add "Projector video" you just select it from a drop down menu and the channel just shows up blank at the top or bottom of your sequence.

Hope that help explain what I am looking for.
Slink

Coming soon www.computerizedlights.com
Bigindian View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bigindian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2009 at 6:35am
Slink,

I do pretty much the same thing with Windows Movie Maker.  If you use the audio track as the time line then it is simple.  Create a black screen and then the video file you want.  Start the black screen and insert the video along the time line.  Back to black when you are complete.  This is probably the easiest method for doing this. 

Once the video is created, simply replace the original audio file with the new multimedia file.  I think any other way, would create a nightmare of timing issues. 

Just my .02

Cheers
 Post Reply Post Reply