Aurora Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Aurora Sequencer Software > Aurora 1.0 > Feature Requests
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Expand the RGB tool further

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ChrisL1976 View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Online Status: Offline
  Quote ChrisL1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Expand the RGB tool further
    Posted: 24 Feb 2009 at 4:01pm
the RGB tool is great, but why not expand it further to cover more channels that just Red, blue, and green.  If you have a red, green, and white mega tree would it not make sense to make that a option as well.  If you have 4-5 color objects. Being able to condense the same multi-colored object down into one channel I can see being a useful tool since the multi-color displays are getting more popular.

If you have a R,B,G, and White mega tree, bushes, roof line, ect, your covered.
Chris

www.lightsonsixth.com
JonB256 View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote JonB256 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2009 at 9:49pm
Chris, I see you point - but

I think the driving force behind RGB is to drive lights that are intended to mix their colors into new colors. Wall washes, Firefly, etc...

I have Red, Green, Blue and White on my Megatree, but I am never trying to "mix" them to a different color. It is usually just one color at a time, perhaps fading into another.

I would love an option that would let you "condense" a set of tracks, though, like a single click that would collapse all the Megatree channels or Minitree channels down to a single track, then click again to expand. That would be more useful to me than the Track feature in LOR S2.
JonB - D-Light user
BigDPS View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote BigDPS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2009 at 5:41pm
Ok, I had asked in a previous post what the RGB button does. Well I'm a newb. Does it work with only the firefly or what does it do exactly? Embarrassed

JonB256 View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote JonB256 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2009 at 6:16pm
The RGB "device" is perhaps more accurate. When you setup a particular channel, you have the option of setting it as either "D-Light Firefly" or as "D-Light RGB" instead of the normal LOR or D-Light controller names. Either choice puts you in an RGB mode. In the "D-Light RGB" mode, you then must designate a Controller # and Channel # for Red, then Blue, then Green. They can be on different controllers if you desire.

When you use that RGB channel, you get to pick colors from a "picking" table as either the same color from ON to OFF or you can pick an ON color and a different OFF color and the software will create the necessary RGB values to get those colors. Very simple to use as soon as you see it.

more questions?
JonB - D-Light user
BigDPS View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote BigDPS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2009 at 7:03pm
Man I must be thick. In my head, it doesn't jive. Hear me out:

Let's say I take controller 1 channel 1. I load a song and sequence it so that at every 3 second, I get that controller and channel to flash. With RGB, I just have to set it to that channel and controller and anywhere in the sequence, on any channel, it will remember that I want channel 1 controller 1 to flash? Embarrassed 

It must be the extra cold medicine I'm taking.Sleepy   Usually I'm pretty quick but right now, I must say I'm 2 sandwiches short of a full picnic basket!

Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2009 at 8:24am
No, you would need to set controller 1, channel 1 as RED, then channel 2 as GREEN, and 3 as BLUE.
Then when you want a PINK wall, you select PINK from the color picker and Aurora determines the correct percentages from channel 1, 2, and 3 to turn on to achieve PINK.
I haven't see this done anywhere else other than floods since thier color will blend and merge better than a string of minis. (other than FF)
Fine. You're so smart you rig up the lights.
D-Light users Unite!
BigDPS View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote BigDPS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2009 at 2:03pm
Ok that I understand, up to this point. But how is this going to go in the sequence? That's were it gets fuzzy for me. Maybe you can make up a sequence and send it to me using controller 1 id 3 or something. Then I can see it in my cold medicated bum head!

Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2009 at 4:25pm
D-Light users Unite!
ChrisL1976 View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote ChrisL1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2009 at 5:16pm
I guess my original post for the RGB tool was kind of incorrect. Its really not a RGB mixing tool for say.  More of a tool to connect multiple channel together for easier sequencing when your channel count starts getting high and the screen is cluttered with channels.

If you could take a single channel and link say 4-5 channel to it. Example multi-color mini-trees. If you had the channel name (m-tree 1) next to the name you have boxes with the channel colors in them.  You click on the red box and it will link all your lighting commands to the red channel. then click to the white box and all your light commands will link to the white channel. Getting more complicated, create a RBG "TYPE" of tool which will allow you to create a fade from one color to another. If you want to fade from red trees to green trees, you could create the perfect fade in this tool. Also with in this tool would be the ability to choose more than one color for the lighting command. This way you could have multiple channels with the same command. I often have my white and blue lights on my trees on at the same time.

As far as the true isolation of the multiple color channels to the one color control channel like the RGB tgool is now, I think it would almost be better to work this similar to the Virtual channel Spectrum had where you create the 4-5 color channels and the Multi-color channel seperately. If you add a command to the MC channel, it also adds it to the single color channel as well.

Chris

www.lightsonsixth.com
Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2009 at 7:54am
Originally posted by ChrisL1976

I guess my original post for the RGB tool was kind of incorrect. Its really not a RGB mixing tool for say.  More of a tool to connect multiple channel together for easier sequencing when your channel count starts getting high and the screen is cluttered with channels.

If you could take a single channel and link say 4-5 channel to it. Example multi-color mini-trees. If you had the channel name (m-tree 1) next to the name you have boxes with the channel colors in them.  You click on the red box and it will link all your lighting commands to the red channel. then click to the white box and all your light commands will link to the white channel.
That's grouping and I've heard that's slated for the 2009 season.

Originally posted by ChrisL1976

As far as the true isolation of the multiple color channels to the one color control channel like the RGB tgool is now, I think it would almost be better to work this similar to the Virtual channel Spectrum had where you create the 4-5 color channels and the Multi-color channel seperately. If you add a command to the MC channel, it also adds it to the single color channel as well.
So you're looking to have the red channel, blue channel, and green channel, AND an extra channel that's a combo of the last three? Isn't that just more junk on the screen? Why would you need the red channel, if you could just select red from the rgb channel?

D-Light users Unite!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>