LAsers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
christmas 01 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
  Quote christmas 01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LAsers
    Posted: 15 Mar 2009 at 5:18am
How many of you re using a laser showwith your setup this year, ive just ordered a gren one with a smoke machine to acompany it should look really spectacular.
Many hands make christmas lights work
Jonathan View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2009 at 5:33pm
I thought about doing that before, but while it would look cool, I haven't found a good way to make it look 'Christmasy' for my tastes.  I think I'll work on improving other areas of my display before I decide to add lasers and what not. 
~Jonathan
Slinkard View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote Slinkard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2009 at 10:33am
I completly agree with Jonthan. But - There is always the after the 25th shows. I switch up my music line up from the "Santa Cluase is coming to town" to more techno/slightly less Christmasy type musics. This is where I incorperated lasers. On a very small scale.

Word to the wise:
If you live in the path of an airport, this element of your display will only be active for one night. FAA does not approve of lasers! I tried to tell them they could change there flight pattern, but that did not work.

Slink

Coming soon www.computerizedlights.com
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2009 at 11:20am
I've considered using lasers, but I haven't found a good way to reliably fog a 90x120 area without the fog drifting out into the street and creating a hazard to the already congested traffic.
bdkeen View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2009 at 10:33am
Likewise - considered adding a laser somehow, but then there's the matter of below freezing temps to contend with.
christmas 01 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote christmas 01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2009 at 7:12am
ill probably take the laser in each night but saying that if the uk doesnt seem to get below temps much id watch what the weather is doing,

Many hands make christmas lights work
 Post Reply Post Reply