2nd monitor video

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
bdkeen View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Online Status: Offline
  Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2nd monitor video
    Posted: 08 Jun 2009 at 11:47am
I must be doing something stupid (been known to do soConfused).. But I can't seem to get the 2nd monitor video as full screen. It appears as the small preview window.

This occurrs in both Aurora and Borealis.

Can anyone perhaps point me in the right direction?

Seems like I got the full screen problem resolved - just redid the 2nd monitor location.

But what I do notice in the Scheduler while test running 2 sequences with video, there are 2 short bursts of the next sequence audio as the next sequence is loading and just prior to playback. I noticed this when I first started to experiment with video some while back. Is this perhaps something that gets fixed in some nearby future release?  Wink..

Edited by bdkeen - 08 Jun 2009 at 3:33pm
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 7:25am

Are you using MSDXM or DirectShow (Quartz) as your playback option in the playback preferences?  Is this Vista or XP?

ChrisL1976 View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote ChrisL1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 8:13am
I get the same results when I tried it.  Video window comes up on the second monitor, but is a fixed size.   

XP with the MSDXM option chosen in playback setting

EDIT:   I'll give it a shot on Vista  and see what happens if I remember at lunch.

Edited by ChrisL1976 - 09 Jun 2009 at 10:32am
Chris

www.lightsonsixth.com
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote ChrisL1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 5:45pm
Same results on Vista as well.  The Window is movable, but the size is fixed
Chris

www.lightsonsixth.com
JohnnyL View Drop Down
Pre-Order User
Pre-Order User

Quote JohnnyL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2009 at 12:37am
Chris, are u guys working on a fix for that?
"In God We Trust" all others pay cash
bdkeen View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2009 at 8:01am
Vista, DirectShow

It works sometimes (full screen on 2nd monitor) but not always. More often it's the fixed size of the window that was dragged onto the 2nd monitor.

The problem of the short bursts of sound (the media file sound) as the sequence is preparing to play in the scheduler means that this will be aired during a show.. I would think that would make it rather annoying as the scheduled show plays and switches from sequence to sequence.

The .avi file is the media AV file and not the Alt. Video* file.. 
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2009 at 9:05am
The audio burst has to do with a timing coordination thing... because video takes longer to queue up than audio, we go ahead and start that process (in another thread) while Aurora is busy loading the sequence.  If the video is ready before Aurora is ready with the sequence then the audio begins before Aurora gets around to stopping it and resetting the time index.  The audio burst was always there but at one time there was a routine that properly muted it so that it would not be noticed. 

I'm going to guess that when we did the late 2008 change to the COM system to resolve some Vista install issues that we also broke the muting and second monitor startup.  It should be fairly easy to resolve.  This will probably take a week to get fixed and through the beta cycle... I know some of y'all want to use this for the July 4 shows.

Edited by LightsOnLogan - 10 Jun 2009 at 9:06am
bdkeen View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2009 at 9:52am

If I were one to read between the lines does this hint a possible update from 1.0.41 prior to 4 July Wink

Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2009 at 10:06am

Is this in the scheduler only, or does it show up in the sequencer as well?  I know the original post indicated both, but I'm not able to replicate this with the sequencer so far.

Edited by LightsOnLogan - 10 Jun 2009 at 10:07am
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote ChrisL1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2009 at 10:27am
I only tested it in the Sequencer.   I'll have to try the scheduler and see if its still a fixed size window.
Chris

www.lightsonsixth.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>