Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Ramp a shimmer or twinkle?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Buckeyelights View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Buckeyelights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ramp a shimmer or twinkle?
    Posted: 13 Jun 2009 at 2:57pm
Is it possible to ramp a shimmer or twinkle event?  If so, how? Thought that would be a cool effect.

Tks!
Joe
rmonty View Drop Down

Quote rmonty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2009 at 9:25pm
Yes, you can ramp a shimmer or twinkle.  Place the shimmer or twinkle as you normally would then click on the info tool and click on the effect you just placed.  This will allow you to change the start or end intensity.

Ryan
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2009 at 12:12am
You can also right click the tool button instead of left clicking it.  This will bring up a properties dialog for the tool before using it.  If you are using the keyboard shortcuts, it is Shift plus the tool shortcut (e.g. Shift H for shimmer).
Jonathan View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2009 at 1:39pm
Keep in mind that your hardware must support this feature.  I know D-Light's ACx16 controllers do so long as you are using the latest firmware.  I don't use LOR so I can't speak for them, but I do know that if a controller is set up in Aurora as being a LOR controller, then the effects are currently disabled. 

Lamp You can also do random ramping (normal/shimmer/twinkle) as well, and don't forget that you can choose any ramp start/end intensity via the sliders; you are not stuck using 0%-100% or visa versa.
~Jonathan
Buckeyelights View Drop Down

Quote Buckeyelights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2009 at 6:47am

Ahhh, good news and bad news.  The good news, found it very easy to ramp a shimmer or twinkle; I do like the right mouse button technique.  The bad news, since I have LOR hardware, Jonathon is correct, my controllers won't support ramping 'em.  Ah shucks (actually had a different word in mind)!!!!

Tks!
Joe
Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2009 at 7:15am
Well, you could always buy some nice hardware that does support ramping shimmer/twinkle! :)
We used ramining shimmer quite a few times last year... did one twinkle fade-out at the end of the song.
I've found that ramping shimmer looks nice for jingle-bells tamorines, and such. Cool effect.
Fine. You're so smart you rig up the lights.
D-Light users Unite!
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2009 at 9:08am
It is correct that LOR hardware does not support the "combo" effects.  Shimmer and Twinkle are both fixed at 100% on LOR hardware. 

I could make Aurora "soft render" these commands into a series of dozens of intensity commands to emulate the effect on LOR hardware, but the RS-485 network bandwidth would be very quickly eaten up when doing so.  I'll look into software rendering these commands for a future version (not giving an ETA at this time)... for now the hardware will only output what it natively supports.
dman776 View Drop Down
Beta Testers .
Beta Testers .

Quote dman776 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2009 at 1:12pm
Slight correction, the latest LOR firmware has finally caught up and added support for these effects, however, they are not compatible with these effects on D-Light controllers and Aurora.

Edited by dman776 - 15 Jun 2009 at 1:13pm
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2009 at 3:07pm
Oh... well I need to catch up then... if they are now supported, Aurora needs to be updated to support them! Smile
ChrisL1976 View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote ChrisL1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2009 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by LightsOnLogan

Oh... well I need to catch up then... if they are now supported, Aurora needs to be updated to support them! Smile

Thanks, I'm sick of having to be honest and answer, "Well for the most part" when people when they ask if LOR controllers will work with Aurora. LOL  

Not that ramp shimmer/twinkle is that much of a negative not to get Aurora.  I dont think I have even used it so far.
Chris

www.lightsonsixth.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>