Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

More newbie questions (sorry)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Buckeyelights View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Buckeyelights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: More newbie questions (sorry)
    Posted: 15 Jun 2009 at 7:00am
I've mastered Smile , yea right, the four basic display features; the all on/off, the ramps, shimmer, and twinkle.  However I have no idea what these three buttons are for?

What does the waveform to Event copy button do?

What is the grabber for?

What is the RGB button, guessing it is not red, green, blue?

Tks!
Joe
ChrisL1976 View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote ChrisL1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2009 at 8:17am
--Wave event form matches the intensity of your lights to the intensity of your song.  I use it in all my voice over section. It work really good to make the lights look like they are talking.

--Grabber button is basically a copy button for your light commands.  You can click on any light command in your sequence and it will make that command your current command. It just saves you the time of having to go back and reset a ramp or intensity values. 

--No, it is red/green/blue.   Pretty much used for D-lights Firefly and flood light mixing.
Chris

www.lightsonsixth.com

Quote Buckeyelights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2009 at 3:37pm
Thanks Chris!

I'll play with the wave event form button, that sounds pretty cool.  I'll try it later this evening. Can I select a group of already placed events, simply click the wave event button and it'll adjust all of those events that are selected?

The grabber button sounds convenient, but so far I haven't changed very much of the intensities.  I imagine that'll come with time.

Then I'll ignore the RGB button until I get some Firefly strands.  Saw Tony's at Light Up Ohio, NICE!!! Just thought of something, will LOR hardware support Firefly strands? Not that I'm getting any soon, just curious.  Although I did read somewhere about a sale sometime.

Tks!
Joe
Jonathan View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2009 at 4:09pm
Firefly is a D-Light product, and as such you need to use the D-Light USB RS-485 adapter to control it (and update it).  Fortunately, Aurora can handle multiple networks.  One for LOR, and for D-Light.  I happen to use two networks in my show.  One the the ACx16 and DCx16 controllers (via wiLink), the other being the RS-485 for firefly.  You need not worry about LOR hardware working with D-Light hardware as Aurora can control both at the same time.

~Jonathan
dman776 View Drop Down
Beta Testers .
Beta Testers .

Quote dman776 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2009 at 4:43pm
just to add a little color to that...

- "Firefly" is not just the pixel strands.  It also includes the controller (and power adapter) to drive them.  They do NOT plug into a regular ACx16 or CTB16D controller.

- The D-Light USB485 adapter is highly recommended since it is required for firmware updates.  However, you can run your show with either vendor's adapter.

Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote ChrisL1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2009 at 1:09pm
Originally posted by Buckeyelights

I'll play with the wave event form button, that sounds pretty cool.  I'll try it later this evening. Can I select a group of already placed events, simply click the wave event button and it'll adjust all of those events that are selected?

Yes, you can do that with any command.  Be away that the W2E, depending on the complexity of your audio track, can take a 30 seconds to a  minute or so to process, ESPECIALLY if you choose a large section.
Chris

www.lightsonsixth.com
bdkeen View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2009 at 5:55pm
If you downloaded any of my '08 sequences from my website then there's a good chance you'll come across some Wave-2-events..  I used them in a few of the sequences. If you haven't downloaded any please feel free to take what you want.  

Did not use the RGB in '08...  But will be using it on 4 MR-15 LED flood light units I built that will be controlled from a DCx16 to do a little bit of color washing on the foundation of the house.

Edited by bdkeen - 16 Jun 2009 at 5:56pm

Quote Buckeyelights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2009 at 8:55pm
Originally posted by bdkeen

If you downloaded any of my '08 sequences from my website then there's a good chance you'll come across some Wave-2-events..  I used them in a few of the sequences. If you haven't downloaded any please feel free to take what you want.  

Did not use the RGB in '08...  But will be using it on 4 MR-15 LED flood light units I built that will be controlled from a DCx16 to do a little bit of color washing on the foundation of the house.

I've haven't grabbed any yet, but I do intend to.  I'm trying to sequence Rock Around the Christmas Tree by Brenda Lee.  I'm learning a lot just my jumping in and doing it.  I used somebody's 16 channel sequence (thanks somebody, I feel bad cause I forget who's it was).  Anyhow it helped with the timing a lot.  I was really struggling with the timing as I got started. I deleted their events as their channels didn't match my set-up at all.  And then I added my additional channels. I'm about 3/4 of the way done, still have to do the arches.  I want to study Chris's arch sequence, might as well learn from the experts.

Thanks for sharing the sequences!!!
Joe
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote ChrisL1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2009 at 9:37pm

I want to study Chris's arch sequence, might as well learn from the experts.

Expert, who me???  Far from it.....LOL
Chris

www.lightsonsixth.com
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2009 at 7:41am

I'm trying to sequence Rock Around the Christmas Tree by Brenda Lee.  I'm learning a lot just my jumping in and doing it.

Which version of the song (she did two versions)?  I have had what I've been told is the "original version" it in my show since 2006. 

Brenda's Rockin' is a fun song to sequence.  The "rougher" 2-track style recording from the '50s has spots where the vocals or an instrument or something is slightly out of time with the rest of the band... gives a challange to get perfect light timing compared to the perfect timing edits of modern music.

Interesting story... my neighbor across the street was a school teacher of one of her daughters.  Referring to the 2006 display, she said "I should call Brenda up and have her come look at this!"  I don't know if she ever did or not (or if they even stayed in touch to begin with), but she seemed perfectly serious when she said it, so maybe.

Edited by LightsOnLogan - 17 Jun 2009 at 7:42am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>