Aurora Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Aurora Sequencer Software > Aurora 1.0 > Feature Requests
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Aurora Animation Feature

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
dman776 View Drop Down
Beta Testers .
Beta Testers .

Online Status: Offline
  Quote dman776 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2009 at 11:55am
Originally posted by Aproct

There is what I beleive a 12 or 16 pin which when I went and looked for in my D-light controller that I need, it isn't there.

Can you explain this?  I don't understand what you are looking for?
Aproct View Drop Down

Quote Aproct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2009 at 1:28pm
Yeah, how do I install a photo?
tonyjmartin View Drop Down

Quote tonyjmartin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2009 at 1:48pm

I understand the average individual may not be thinking about christmas in June, but I start creating new items for display and sequencing this time of the year.
Haven't been hanging around the decorating forums for very long, have you?

LOR has the ability to trigger sequences remotely via their controllers and their software.  To my knowledge, this feature does not yet allow the simultaneous operation of "mini-sequences" alongside scheduled sequences.  This is a relatively recent LOR feature, not to be confused with the stand-alone mode available in the deluxe version of LOR's Showtime controllers or using their MP3-Director units.  Other companies have their own priorities regarding what they and their current users feel is important, which may not necessarily be copying the most recent approach by another company.  Aurora is a very streamlined product, and to start adding every new gimmick just because another company has done it would be counter-productive.

Which doesn't mean that Aurora is in any way primitive.  In fact, it has many sophisticated sequencing features that have yet to be implemented in LOR, and at least a couple that are making their way into to Light Show Pro.  And unless you buy the full $139 version of LORS2 and then buy Holiday Lights Designer for another $49, then the visualizer in LORS2, for lack of a better term, sucks.  The unfortunate part of what is happening now is that there is a lot of focus on the newest gimmicks, and less on how to actually sequence your show.  It's like there are far too many people out there with far too much money and far too little talent.  For the next few years, I fear that we are going to see a whole lot of Nintendo-style displays, with a whole lot of DMX semi-pro gear tossed into peoples yards maquerading as art.

An example of this "Swiss Army Knife" approach would Light Show Pro.  If you really want interactive capabilities, then LSP can offer you the Nintendo Approach to Christmas displays.  But be warned...LSP is designed by a Microsoft Net Framework-oriented Programmer, so it is very memory/graphics/processor intense, and you will not be able to fully utilize its features without the most current computer at your disposal.  True, you can disable the most demanding parts of the program to streamline performance, but you will then be missing most of the "cool" features that are their selling point.  And it will still feel cumbersome to use.  You will also need to invest in Wii equipment to use their software as "Light Show Hero" (a similar approach to the video game Guitar Hero).

I'm a bit jaded, and I'm starting to ramble, but I did use the term "semi-pro" above intentionally.  It's amusing to hear how loosely the terms "artistic" and "professional" are tossed around the Christmas forums.  Especially in regards to approaches that are just not that hard to accomplish.  Sure, I could very easily get a second job to support my desire to make Starlight Express throw up on my lawn, but if I really wanted to do that sort of stuff, I'd go back to working in entertainment.  But the hours are long, and the pay sucks.

I understand not laying out to the competition what the upcoming plans are, but right now I am refer to items in a product that is already been released by others
Michael won't say this because he is a vendor, but I will.  By all means, if a company already has a product that you want, GO BUY IT!

Edited by tonyjmartin - 24 Jun 2009 at 1:50pm
Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Aproct View Drop Down

Quote Aproct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2009 at 1:53pm
your funny!
Aproct View Drop Down

Quote Aproct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2009 at 2:07pm

I may just go and buy the software.  Software is Software. I am not slamming one company over another.   I have been at this for a little while now.  I am not someone who will be integrating DMX or other items of that nature.  I spend may hours sequencing show after show making sure things look good.  I am very hard on my own displays and the effects of it.  What I am looking for is a product that will contiue to expand based on the quick pace that this hobby is doing.  Like everything, everyone is always looking for the next big thing or what else can I do to improve on last years display.  Are you an individual to put up the same dipslay year after year?  I doubt it?  So how do you improve each year?  What new items do you add?  Don't slam me because I am asking about being able intergrate an animation feature into my nightly show.  Believe me the last effect I want on my Front yard is a TSO perfomance.  I am user who budgets x amount of dollars each year to this hobby.  Expensive as it is, I want a something that has room already built into it if not already exceeding my current usage.  I will admit that I was a prior specturm user.  I experience may problems with the programming and delays my shows.  I went to Aurora and was happy with it last year.  But like I said, i am an individual who wants to continure to improve my hobby.

LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2009 at 2:23pm
As stated earlier, things are in the works that will cover what you want to accomplish (and much more).  However, we can not give details or dates at this point in time for multiple reasons.
tonyjmartin View Drop Down

Quote tonyjmartin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2009 at 2:24pm

Are you an individual to put up the same dipslay year after year?  I doubt it?  So how do you improve each year?  What new items do you add?

More lights.  New songs.  Better sequencing.

Don't slam me because I am asking about being able intergrate an animation feature into my nightly show.

You aren't being slammed.  Your post prompted me to comment upon what I consider to be an unfortunate trend in the hobby.  As Annalisa (a.k.a.: crazylightlady) wrote to me nearly three years ago, I think that we are going to see some very unimaginative displays this year.  And so far, each new season unfortunately affirms that comment.
Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
ChrisL1976 View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote ChrisL1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2009 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by tonyjmartin

I understand the average individual may not be thinking about christmas in June, but I start creating new items for display and sequencing this time of the year.
Haven't been hanging around the decorating forums for very long, have you?

Yeah, thats a funny one. (No disrespect intended in that) 

Edited by ChrisL1976 - 24 Jun 2009 at 2:28pm
Chris

www.lightsonsixth.com
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2009 at 2:46pm

It is time to calm it down a notch.  Product comparisons and trends in the hobby are all fair game, but there is no need to attack while discussing them. 

I believe the original question has been addressed.  If it has not, please let me know.

Aproct View Drop Down

Quote Aproct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2009 at 2:46pm
I have been hanging around in the forums for a while...I prefer not to add much because I rarely see much good come out of them.  It ends up being a mud slinging event or I am better than you kinda thing.  I have seen it may time on the Planet Christmas Forums.  It is ridicilous what occurs over there....Believe it is scary to see some displays out there where the timing is off or other issues.  Sorry to have ruffled feather here, but I jsut wanted to know what is new since I am not allowed in the beta testing forum.  I am not a follower and wait around for things to happen. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>