Aurora Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Aurora Sequencer Software > Aurora 1.0 > Feature Requests
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Layers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Tony Furst View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Tony Furst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Layers
    Posted: 23 Jun 2009 at 6:59pm
One feature I would like to have is the ability to have multiple layers of event markers.  That way you could have one set of evenly spaced event lines for arch leaps or mega tree spins and then other event lines for the rest of the display.  The key to it is being able to turn off the different layers as you need to.  Another thought would be that each layers event markers would be a different color so that if you displayed all layers you could tell what went where.

Tony
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup
tonyjmartin View Drop Down

Quote tonyjmartin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2009 at 2:04pm
Originally posted by Tony Furst

One feature I would like to have is the ability to have multiple layers of event markers.

Sound like tracks in S2.  Kinda...sorta.

I would love it if this could be somehow integrated into the "Groups" feature that was hinted at a few months back.  Wouldn't it be nice if ALL the cool sequencing tools were available in one program?

1) Multiple sets of event timings.
2) Virtual Controllers (a.k.a.: Groups and/or Tracks)
3) Zoom the visualizer window while drawing lights.

Oops.  Hijacking with #3.  Sorry. Wink
Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Tony Furst View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote Tony Furst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2009 at 5:11pm
Tony,
No need to apologize, tis all about sharing to make Aurora the best sequencing tool available.

Tony
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup
Buckeyelights View Drop Down

Quote Buckeyelights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2009 at 9:15pm
Good ideas.  Layers, grouping, color coding, it would help a newbie, that's for sure.  Once I split my first cell, thanks for that advice by the way, it was gadzook's what have I done to the other channels.  I freaked out for a minute and I was past the point of "undo-ing" the split cells.

Tks!
Joe
tonyjmartin View Drop Down

Quote tonyjmartin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2009 at 9:31pm
Originally posted by Buckeyelights

Once I split my first cell, thanks for that advice by the way, it was gadzook's what have I done to the other channels.  I freaked out for a minute and I was past the point of "undo-ing" the split cells.

Just wait until you start making the decision to paste using the existing timings, or to paste using the copied timings.  You'll be thankful that Aurora's "undo" command refers to intervals as well as effects while you get the hang of the paste options.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Buckeyelights View Drop Down

Quote Buckeyelights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2009 at 7:59am
Originally posted by tonyjmartin

Originally posted by Buckeyelights

Once I split my first cell, thanks for that advice by the way, it was gadzook's what have I done to the other channels.  I freaked out for a minute and I was past the point of "undo-ing" the split cells.

Just wait until you start making the decision to paste using the existing timings, or to paste using the copied timings.  You'll be thankful that Aurora's "undo" command refers to intervals as well as effects while you get the hang of the paste options.

I've faced that decision and with a lot of uncertainty made a selection.  Confused I haven't figured out the differences, but that'll come.

And yes the "undo" command is my favorite function. 

Joe
 Post Reply Post Reply