2nd Monitor on a notebook?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
TheQueb View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
  Quote TheQueb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2nd Monitor on a notebook?
    Posted: 23 Jul 2009 at 8:14am
I have the external monitor connector on the back of the notebook but I think it's an either/or type connection meaning that I can run the notebook's monitor OR the external monitor.  Any idea how I can get a 2nd monitor hooked up to my notebook so that I could possibly use video in my display at some point in the future?
80 D-Light-ful Channels
Southeast Texas Lights
D-Light Users
rmonty View Drop Down

Quote rmonty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2009 at 9:51am
You should be able to use it as a both.  After you connect a monitor to it, press the FN key on your keyboard and at the same time one of the F# keys. The one you are looking for is the F key that you will either see LCD/CRT or see a symbol that looks like a empty rectangle a slash and the a double rectangle.  This is normally the F3 key, but could also be the F8 key.  It depends on your laptop brand.  You might have to press this combination a couple of times to get it to the right combo as this just toggles through the different monitor output combinations.  If you right click on your desktop and click properties, then click the settings tab you should see two monitor pictures.  Click on the number two one and then make sure the checkbox is selected that says "Extend my Windows desktop onto this monitor".  You can also set the resolution to what ever you need it to be.  Hope this helps.

Ryan

Edited by rmonty - 23 Jul 2009 at 9:55am
TheQueb View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote TheQueb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2009 at 10:34am
Aha!  I knew I liked this forum for a reason!  I'll give it a shot asap.

Thanks
Jimmy
80 D-Light-ful Channels
Southeast Texas Lights
D-Light Users
 Post Reply Post Reply