File could not be opened code 3265

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
webbtech View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
  Quote webbtech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: File could not be opened code 3265
    Posted: 01 Aug 2009 at 7:06pm
Been camping for over a week, took my laptop with me. (Vista) Rained most of the trip so I had lots of time to work a halloween file, when finished and  home, I emailed it to myself, and got this error.. File could not be opened. code 3265 Aurora will reset.

Now what?

Mark
Mark Webb
Jonathan View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2009 at 2:37pm
I'm not privy to what the error codes mean, so this may be of no use to you, but I know that sometimes files get 'confused' if they were saved in one location but opened in another.  I.E. if you saved a file to a flash drive, then moved it to say the desktop, the next time you try to open it you can sometimes get an error.  (Just like moving the Elvis file can cause a problem.)  I'd make sure the file from the laptop was last saved into Aurora's /sequences folder and the audio into the /audio folder, then copy the files to the other computer and put them in the same /sequence and /audio folders.

Also, are you using the same version on both systems?  If you are using 1.0.68 on your laptop but 1.0.41 on your desktop, the file may not open correctly.
~Jonathan
webbtech View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote webbtech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2009 at 3:40pm
Well now that makes more sense if the versions are different, I am very careful to put them in the same place on different computers but I will check versions and advise.

Better than nothing right now, programming a 6 min song and not be able to use it would make me go nuts!
Mark Webb
webbtech View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote webbtech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2009 at 4:18pm
Success, Versions where different. 

This was an easy fix, maybe a spot in the FAQ with this error code would be appropriate.

I searched the site with out luck.  Thanks for the answer.

Mark 
Mark Webb
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2009 at 11:35am
This isn't supposed to happen, but somewhere along the line MS changed something ADO related (probably in a Windows update) and the newer version of Aurora was built after that update was released.  Indirectly, this did create a file compatibility issue when opening newer Aurora files on older versions of Aurora. 
webbtech View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote webbtech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2009 at 12:16pm
Thanks for the info, maybe a spot in the F A Q would help.

Mark
Mark Webb
 Post Reply Post Reply