Aurora Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Aurora Sequencer Software > Aurora & DMX
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

DMX is almost here!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>
Poll Question: Are you planning to use DMX with Aurora this year?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
22 [44.90%]
27 [55.10%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
JohnnyL View Drop Down
Pre-Order User
Pre-Order User

Online Status: Offline
  Quote JohnnyL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2009 at 4:43pm
we, also are very happy with Aurora. making the switch from S2 was smooth. my wife really loves that Spectogram and the timing. it took her less than an hour to get the hang of it. until the little bug showed up in testing it was smooth sailing. switching sequencers again is absolutely not going to happen. all im asking for is an acknowlegement that there is indeed a problem with the RGB and hes working to fix the bugger. is that too much to ask?   John
"In God We Trust" all others pay cash
deweycooter View Drop Down
Development
Development

Quote deweycooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2009 at 5:09pm
See this thread - since the COM engine is being rewritten, the actual code that causes this bug is likely to be replaced by all new code.  Part of the testing of this new engine will be to verify that all playback features (including RGB) work as intended.  So instead of debugging and fixing in 1.0.x, 1.2 will fix it.
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2009 at 10:04am
Yes, I though this had been addressed in the other thread.  I'm sorry you felt ignored.  I haven't been able to reproduce the bug here (so I can't personally acknowledge its existence from a first person perspective), nor have we done any beta testing on this issue.  However, the described conditions point toward the RGB "compiling" step which is going away entirely in the next version.  As stated, whatever bugs exist in there will go away with the replacement.
JohnnyL View Drop Down
Pre-Order User
Pre-Order User

Quote JohnnyL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2009 at 2:00am

i didnt "feel" ignored. I was Ignored. the first time this bug showed up i posted about it June 4 09 http://www.aurorashow.com/Forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=741 . No Response. Again beginning june 27 09 http://www.aurorashow.com/Forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=759 and Jonathan was very helpful trying to find a workaround (Thank You Jonathan). then again on August 19 09 the problem pops up again so i posted it again in the same thread. No Response. around the 27th of August i sent you an email regarding this issue. again No Response. If the shoe was on the other foot, what would do?

"In God We Trust" all others pay cash
bdkeen View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2009 at 11:08am
I took a look at one of the problematic sequences too. There are definitely no events to cause the RGB channels to activate. If I erase all events on the channels the blinks stop. Save the file thinking I fixed the problem, reload the file and once again the rgb channels are blinking as if there were events sequenced. No events are shown in the sequence.
Not all the RGB channels seem to have the problem - some controllers are ok and others are not. In this instance controler ID 'B' has the problem but it doesn't seem to be related to the controller ID either.

There don't seem to be any 'ghosted events' in the sequence either. I set the questionable controller B to 10 , then added a new controller 'B'. In the past if there were what I'll call ghosted events they would often times show up on the newly added controller. That didn't happen. I deleted all other channels in the event that somewhere something on another channel might be causing the problem - no good -  with only the 1 dcx16 (ID B) in the sequence and no events showing in sequence there's still blinky-blinky. Erase the channels and blinky stops - save the file, exit aurora - even reboot - open Aurora, reload the file, no events showing in the sequence, just the time lines, run the sequence and RGB channels are going wild blinking..  Actually looks like a twinkle is happening across all 3 channel rgb channels - all reds together, all greens together, all blues together. (I had a sequence where they all shimmered together). Set the RGB channel color to black and sort of brute-force turn them off and that seems to work to stop the unsequenced events since there's acually something (no color) sequenced. But that's not a desirable way to have to sequence the problem channels.

Hopefully, as was indicated, this may be corrected in the next release since it appears from the response I got to RGB issues a good portion, if not all, of the code has been undergoing an overhaul.

Edited by bdkeen - 27 Sep 2009 at 11:13am
vlongo View Drop Down

Quote vlongo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2009 at 6:44pm
Tongue So what happened to the Aurora upgrade? I am hoping for a copy and paste option between sequences?
Thanks
Vin
dowdybrown View Drop Down

Quote dowdybrown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2009 at 11:08pm
Since 1.2 will support DMX, I'm assuming it will support Lynx Express boards? From what I've read here, I guess you'll have to use the Aurora DMX dongle (the Lynx dongle won't be supported)?

A lot of excitement within Lone Star Holidays for Lynx Express all of a sudden. People are realizing you can get more features for about 1/2 the price of LOR kits. These folks are trying to decide between Vixen and LSP for their sequencing. I'd like to suggest that they consider Aurora as an alternative, but I can't do that in good conscience without a firm date for 1.2.

As soon as 1.2 is released, I will probably jump on the Lynx bandwagon myself (assuming Aurora supports it).

Matt Brown

P.S. Thanks for a great product! I'm very happy with the way Aurora ran my show this year (96 LOR channels + video wreath).

deweycooter View Drop Down
Development
Development

Quote deweycooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2009 at 11:49pm
There has been successful DMX control discussed in the Offtopic forum and that does mean that the LE boards will be supported.  I don't know that there is a hard date, but I would guess that would be a priority for this year - my money would say that it would be fully supported by next season.
bdkeen View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2010 at 3:41pm

Getting a couple of the LE's to experiment with..  Would like to also have a DMX dongle that would be compatable with Aurora. Any suggestions?

If we'll need to order the DMX adapter through Aurora is there any way we can do that now? (even if it's pre-order again)
Rod R View Drop Down

Quote Rod R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2010 at 6:07pm
I'm looking at the LE boards as well.  I'm currently running all D-light AC and DC hardware but RJ is running a COOP right no at a great price.  So I'm looking at trying out a couple boards.  Wold like to stay with Aurora vs Vixen.  I like Aurora's features.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>