Aurora Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Aurora Sequencer Software > Aurora & DMX
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

DMX is almost here!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>
Poll Question: Are you planning to use DMX with Aurora this year?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
22 [44.90%]
27 [55.10%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
bdkeen View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Online Status: Offline
  Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2010 at 6:22pm
I signed up for 2 LE's in order to experiment with them. I's like to try and get a usb-dmx dongle that Aurora will support in hopes to maximize my $$'s, hence my question about where and what usb-dmx dongle might we require in order to try and insure compatability and efficient spending?

Some the DIY dmx items are beginning to look like attractive alternatives. I'm also very interested in the dmx over ethernet and the possibilities it may hold for some of the crazier things I might want to try.

dowdybrown View Drop Down

Quote dowdybrown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2010 at 12:22am
I'm signed up for 6 LE's in the current coop, so I am also very interested in getting Aurora working with them. I intend to run them with the wireless add-on.

Matt
Comporder1 View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote Comporder1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2010 at 10:01am
OK Beta-Guys..... I know Michael is on vacation, but I want to get in on the LE coop. But before I do, what is the likelyhood that Aurora will reveal DMX this year?

Tick, tick, tick..... coop ends tomorrow. :)

Carey
ChrisL1976 View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote ChrisL1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2010 at 10:17am
Originally posted by Comporder1

OK Beta-Guys..... I know Michael is on vacation, but I want to get in on the LE coop. But before I do, what is the likelyhood that Aurora will reveal DMX this year?

Tick, tick, tick..... coop ends tomorrow. :)

Carey

Since Michael had us all sign a NDA form when we agreed to be better testers, We legally cant say anything that goes on in the beta test forum.  I know....hiding behind the paperwork. LOL   

PM Deweycooter, I think Michael and him talked about what can be made public on the DIY forum.

Edited by ChrisL1976 - 14 Jan 2010 at 10:17am
Chris

www.lightsonsixth.com
Comporder1 View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote Comporder1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2010 at 11:06am
Originally posted by ChrisL1976

Since Michael had us all sign a NDA form when we agreed to be better testers, We legally cant say anything that goes on in the beta test forum.  I know....hiding behind the paperwork. LOL   

PM Deweycooter, I think Michael and him talked about what can be made public on the DIY forum.

Understandable... I'll give Dewey a shout.

Thanks Chris
Slinkard View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote Slinkard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2010 at 11:19am
Hey, what is the benefit of running DMX? I am trying to see if there is a reason for me to run it? Currently I am doing just d-light boards and it seems to be okay. what are the added benefits to the DMX aspect and how does it relate too Christmas Lighting?

Sorry not a newb to lighting but am to DMX.

Coming soon www.computerizedlights.com
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote ChrisL1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2010 at 11:34am
Slink...its some pretty cool stuff.....  Michael posted  in the public off topic forum  video of him using a dmx run light......mms://media.lightsonlogan.com/lightsonlogan/Fifth_web.wmv

Chris

www.lightsonsixth.com
bdkeen View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2010 at 12:19pm

For some reason I don't see how it can harm anything if we were to know what USB-DMX dongle Aurora might be utilizing. Doesn't seem that it would reveal any secrets in the workings of Aurora.

For those of us that are either thinking of DMX or pursuing the LE coop it would insure that we'd not be wasting $'s and maintaining compatability. Can't see the value in obtaining a USB-DMX dongle just to test the LE's if it's not going to function with Aurora.
breakbenj View Drop Down
Pre-Order User
Pre-Order User

Quote breakbenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2010 at 1:22pm
This might be a stupid question but I will ask it anyway, What are LE's and coops?
Jeff

Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote ChrisL1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2010 at 2:04pm
co-op  I believe is a group buy so you get a better price.     Kind of like what PC people with CDI led-presale without the price adjustment but since CDI requires you to buy a case.   You need 6, I need 6, we buy a case together.

LE are the DMX boards I think

Edited by ChrisL1976 - 15 Jan 2010 at 2:05pm
Chris

www.lightsonsixth.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>