Aurora Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Vault > 0.2 Pre-Release
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedLights stay on and other things.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
LightChristmas View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Online Status: Offline
  Quote LightChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2007 at 8:34am
Seeing as how everything else is working well, it almost has to be the way the VO's have been encoded. Any way you can get a new set of announcements in WAV format without having to do an MP3 to WAV conversion?

LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2007 at 11:55am

I've been able to replicate this... it has nothing to do with the MP3/WAV conversion; it does have to do with DirectShow not properly reporting back that the audio file has ended.  I'm working on some code to work around the flaw in DirectShow.

In the meantime, maybe you could try using the MSDXM setting when using the scheduler (but use DirectShow for the sequencer).  MSDXM has many problems in Vista that make it unsuitable for use by the sequencer (particularly with looping, starting & stopping mid song, etc.), but since the scheduler always plays the songs from start to finish there shouldn't be a problem with MSDXM using the scheduler in Vista.

LC, could you also beta test this configuration on your Vista install (but go back to DirectShow afterward)?
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote LightChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2007 at 12:34pm
Will do when I get home tonight.

Slinkard View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote Slinkard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2007 at 11:20pm
just got back from northern cali, I am pleased to announce that my show ran for 2 nights (and is still running) unattended. Going to stop it and redo a schedule and do the non-direct play back! I'll let you know the out come

Lee

Coming soon www.computerizedlights.com
Slinkard View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote Slinkard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2007 at 11:59pm
FIXED!!!!
That was the issue! I have successfully looped through a 10 sequence (plus the opener) play list consisting of 4 VO's and 6 songs. Only thing left is for me to figure out what song I left off the play list Cry Good times at the slink's house!!!!

When I pulled up I was so happy to see that my show was running I dang near ran into my tree! But it gets better, as I was unloading my luggage a car stopped by... 7 late teens, praising me and trying to give me money, lol. They said they have stopped by every night and are just amazed at the display. Now I don't have that big of a display so it brought a huge smile to my face! I gotta give most of this credit to Aurora and all the staff(if there is a staff?)

Also thank you everyone for the helped on my VO issue, strange it was I didn't like that it was just ME Big%20smile But I glad that this issue is one for the history books!

BEST SOFTWARE INVESTMENT I HAVE MADE IN A VERY LONG TIME!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you

Lee

Edited by Slinkard - 24 Dec 2007 at 12:00am

Slinkard View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote Slinkard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2007 at 12:15am
oh yeah forgot to mention the lights on issue, I could not replicate it. I think it may have been when thing froze up and the lights may have just been on.

Good times,
Lee

Slinkard View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote Slinkard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2007 at 1:39am
Show just concluded and all is well. It played my close my open all of my VO's and music sequences. BTW the missing song....FOUND IT! good night all, and Thank you!

Lee

Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote LightChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2007 at 9:00am
Observations on using Vista with the Scheduler in MSDXM mode.

At the initial reconfig, a box popped up stating that some of the (music) files had an " extension of '.' that does not match the file format - continue Y/N"

Me dood it.

After clicking 'yes' several times, clicked the "do not show again" box. This allowed me to hit "Done" in the Scheduler config. After clicking "Done", the computer became a paperweight until I aborted via Task Manager after giving it five minutes. Went back into the config and changed back to DirectShow.

EDIT: All the audio files were "natural" WAV files - no MP3 or converts.

Edited by LightChristmas - 24 Dec 2007 at 3:57pm

Slinkard View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote Slinkard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2007 at 10:34am
I did not get any of those errors. Are you using MP3 format songs? All of mine are convert to .wav prior to assigning them to a sequence.

LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2007 at 12:58pm

It is good to know this now instead of at 1.0.  I will look into why DirectShow is hanging on Vista when short audio files are used.  LCs error is something entirely different that I will look into as well.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123