RGB issues

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
bdkeen View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Online Status: Offline
  Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RGB issues
    Posted: 08 Sep 2009 at 10:18am
Testing 2009 sequences (1.0.69). Finding I'm having issues with RGB channels in some sequences.
RGB units are running from DCX16, Channels 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12).
Everything looks ok in the sequencer visulizer. But testing with the lights I get different results. Sometimes channels 4-6 all acome on in a shimmer mode.  Sometimes ALL channels set for RGB come on in shimmer mode.
It's always at the same place in the same sequences. Does not appear to be anythinhg out of place or set incorrectly within the sequence itself according to the sequencer.
Happens in both sequencer and the scheduler.
Pulling my hair out trying to deterime the problem. Even set the RGB color to black in a futal attempt - and that didn't help either.

Seems to happen in only 2 or 3 of 32 sequences I have and tested. Other sequences are just fine.

Will now try and clear all RGB channels, recreate them and see if the problems goes away.
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2009 at 10:57am
While I haven't seen this before, this functionality is completely rewritten in the upcoming release, so hopefully whatever you are experiencing will not be a problem soon.

I still do not have an ETA on the upcoming release.  "Sometime in September" remains the target.
bdkeen View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2009 at 11:08am
There is apparently some stray events that are unseen in the channels. I deleted all events on the channels and recreated them - the problem has been lessened but still remains. This will be a show stopper for me if I can't get it working correctly.  I almost have 1 sequence fixed but now have all channels in shimmer at the end of the sequence - always happems on a color to black transition.

Since I'm setup testing this  (and other new for '09 elements) I'd be more than happy to help beta if I meet any of the criteria of beta testers.
bdkeen View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2009 at 12:42pm
In the 2 worst cases what I discovered is that since the sequence shortened very slightly through a switch from audio only to video (cutting some of the dead space at the end slightly) there were timing events after the end of the sequence. I changed the properties back to the audio only file and discovered these, deleted the timing markers, X'd the channels, switched back to the slightly shorter video file and in most cases the channel shimmering went away.  One sequence has the shimmer now on only 1 of the RGB sets after the last timing marker and setting the end on this channel to black seems to be a work-around.

Apparently when you shorten a media file, although it looks like the sequence is truncated at the end there's some hidden stuff there that causes some problems - even the clear all events doesn't clear it either
JohnnyL View Drop Down
Pre-Order User
Pre-Order User

Quote JohnnyL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2009 at 2:46pm
ive been having the same issues as posted here http://www.aurorashow.com/Forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=759
 2 sequences are involed and the only way ive found to stop it is to delete the channels and add them as single channels. i emailed LOL around the 20th of last month with no response and until now thought i was the only one experiencing this problem
"In God We Trust" all others pay cash
bdkeen View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2009 at 4:34pm
What I also ended up finding is, or was, I believe related to importing of a sequence - I forget what version it was when I did the original import from LOR. But there were events on the device (in my case device ID #1) that were hidden somewhere inside the sequence. It was just as if there were 2 controllers on the same ID within the sequence and the hardware was receiving the signals from both the visible (in the sequencer) and the hidden or ghosted controller. I even tried setting the RGB to black and was still getting all kinds of activity on the RGB lights themselves, ONs, OFFs, Shimmers, and Twinkles - drove me crazy.

To fix this problem I set my DCx16 device ID to 'C' in the sequence, then added a controller (#1) using the add a controller option,  and sure enough the events on UNIT ID#1 revealed themselves. I deleted the events, deleted the controller I added, and set my DCx16 back to ID #1 and all was good.

I've been testing my 2009 sequences - I still get the occassional 'ON' on a channel, mostly on the DCx16 - not really all tht bad and I'll live with it keeping my fingers crossed that the upcoming update to Aurora and, or a D-Light firmware update might help to improve things. Terminating the RS485 line did seem to help the strays some last year.
JohnnyL View Drop Down
Pre-Order User
Pre-Order User

Quote JohnnyL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2009 at 4:47pm
we dont import sequences. i did notice after making the template and importing it into a new sequence is during the import the IRQ #'s get scrambled up in the RGB channels
for example ID "B" "1" "1" and the channel #'s the first channel would always be correct and the 2nd and 3rd would "1".
"In God We Trust" all others pay cash
bdkeen View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2009 at 5:38pm
I noticed that channel 1 issue too when I imported from a template file.  I've been checking it whenever I do that import channels..  I usually just import from a sequence I know to be good and use that as the template - but I still check the rgb setting after the import channels..  I had 4 out of 34 sequences that caused me problems and seems to have been different combinations of things that caused the problems. Nothing seem to really be common across the problematic sequences other than teh channel 1 thing you mentioned importing channels from another file. Unknowingly I saved the file and discovered I had 16 channels on a single controller all set to channel 1 when I started to test it with the lights. Don't know it that screwed something in the sequence data for that controller.
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2009 at 10:50am
We're working on replacing the entire COM engine for the next version.  This issue is one of many which fall under the scope of the replacement. 
bdkeen View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2009 at 6:08pm
Thanks for the news.  I've been able to work around and issues and have 35 sequences upgraded or newely created for the 2009 show. They all appear to look pretty good. All have BIG video files and that's been working ok too.

Now I can concentrate more on the hardware side of things for 2009 and then maybe exploit anything in the newer release when it becomes available.

It sounds as if the next release should be a big improvement in code. I look forward to the release and thanks for doing such a great job.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>