Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Aurora will not run now

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
bigwyt1 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote bigwyt1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Aurora will not run now
    Posted: 09 Sep 2009 at 10:13pm
I have been running the current demo version and just now i got an error. Attempted to re-install several times with no luck. it reads Aurora Seq has encountered a problem and needs to close. Bla Bla Bla.

Running windows XP SP 2 with 2.93Ghz processor and 2G ram. Hummmmmmmm

Any ideas.

THX

Mike
ChrisL1976 View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote ChrisL1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2009 at 10:15pm
Mike
Are you getting a specific error code in the message?
Chris

www.lightsonsixth.com
bigwyt1 View Drop Down

Quote bigwyt1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2009 at 10:22pm

Edited by bigwyt1 - 09 Sep 2009 at 10:39pm
bigwyt1 View Drop Down

Quote bigwyt1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2009 at 10:38pm
Chris,

This is really weird. OK it worked till i copied a file off a flash drive .mp3 file and now only works with the drive attached. I have used the DEMO version for about a week just messing around with different seq. The error is as follows. Aurora Sequencer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. General wiondows error.

Upon a new installation the error still occurs with out the drive. I have deleted all seq from the folder with the exception of the Elvis one. Weird.

The report contains

AppName: aurora_sequencer.exe      AppVer: 1.0.0.69      ModName: kernel32.dll
ModVer: 5.1.2600.2180      Offset: 0001eb33
ChrisL1976 View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote ChrisL1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2009 at 10:47pm
Well a quick note on Aurora.  Aurora always looks for the last place it saved to.  So if you saved to a flash drive and exited Aurora, it will look for the flash drive the next time you open Aurora and not work if it is not plugged into the computer.  As far as flash drives go, I always just copy/paste them from the hard drive to the flash drive without actually going into Aurora. I always keep the working copies on my hard drive and backups on the flash drive.
Chris

www.lightsonsixth.com
bigwyt1 View Drop Down

Quote bigwyt1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2009 at 11:04pm

SmileChris,

Got it corrected after several trys. This is what i did. Opened the origional file that came with the demo while the flash drive was plugged into the computer. Then saved the christmas wonderland file. As for now it works. Thank you very much for your input.

Mike
 Post Reply Post Reply